Dahua / Loryta passwords question

T-Halen

n3wb
Reaction score
New to the Dahua eco-system, but a long time user of Hikvision cameras. Recently bought a couple of Loryta IPC-E3541F-AS-M 2.8mm cameras, and have 2 questions about passwords.

1) I am not able to paste a password into the login password field. Is this normal for Dahua / Loryta? I use fairly long, complex passwords, and not being able to paste a password into the box sure does make it more difficult to log into the camera(s). (same problem when changing a password on the Setup/System/Account menu)

2) If I change the camera password from within the Setup/System/Account menu, I am allowed to use illegal characters for the password without warning, which then meant I had to do a hard reset on the camera and start over. (This would have disastrous had I done this remotely.) Is this normal for Dahua / Loryta?

Thanks.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Having the same issue with passwords, I'm using autohotkey on windows to log into the cameras. I have the launch calculator key redefined to do the camera login. This is what the autohotkey script looks like:

#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
Launch_App2::
Send,admin longcomplexpasswordhere{Enter}{Enter}
Return

It's only the last 3 lines that define the login. Everything above that is autohotkey boilerplate. App2 is the name of the calculator key. The space after admin is a tab.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
The newer firmware enforces an 8 character minimum length, plus 2 "types" of characters. A lot of keystrokes, especially if you're logging in frequently and/or going through multiple cameras.

T-Halen

n3wb
Reaction score
I can paste the password with both pale moon and firefox. Have you tried cntl/V?
Just tested it again, and yes, I can paste the password into the box for logging in. (not sure why I had trouble before)

I cannot paste a password into the boxes on the Setup/System/Account/Modify menu page.