Dahua mounting options one gang box?

MrRodgers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do all of dahuas cameras have that new mount? It looks really good where you install the bracket then the camera itself snaps into it and it even works on a one gang box and has markings for it.

Here is the video of what i am talking about camera model is IPC-T2431T-AS skip to 4:45 min in the vid.

Is this something only the new cams come with? As any other camera i've had was never that easy to install.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do all of dahuas cameras have that new mount? It looks really good where you install the bracket then the camera itself snaps into it and it even works on a one gang box and has markings for it.
I can't answer that, I've got an Amcrest (OEM'd by Dahua) IP5M-T1179EW-28MM designed like that.

As any other camera i've had was never that easy to install.
It's a 2 edged sword, though: easy to install, just as easy to remove by a vandal.

FWIW, I would have put the cam's pigtail INSIDE the box and would have weatherproofed it.

MrRodgers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't answer that, I've got an Amcrest (OEM'd by Dahua) IP5M-T1179EW-28MM designed like that.

It's a 2 edged sword, though: easy to install, just as easy to remove by a vandal.

FWIW, I would have put the cam's pigtail INSIDE the box and would have weatherproofed it.
It's just around my house not worried about a vandal the pigtails are in the gang box under a eave never had any issues over the past 20 years with them in there, It's just so much simpler to install in a one gang box.

I did buy The extra junction box but it does not align with the two holes that a single gang box has what does one do about that? It's the Dahua PFA130-E Waterproof Junction Box.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe just drill a couple of holes that match your exiting electrical box? If you do I'd suggest a small O ring on each screw inside the box to keep them, more or less, water tight.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I really don't like those plastic bases, I doubt they will hold up over time.
All of Dahua's turrets cams have this similar type of mounting base, have had for several years, but most are metal, not plastic, and use a set screw instead of the flimsy tab.
That guys installing methods are sketchy all around, and not recommended.
Do it right the first time.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
on this particular camera, the only mounting option is by clipping the plastic mounting ring into the camera body (sandwich similar to Imou turrent). Be careful, since the mounting surface (wall/ceiling) needs to be flat. Otherwise the plastic ring could bend, preventing the camera body to enter.

Reaction score
In some places, I have the proper Dahua circular mount for hte cameras but lost those little screws. Other places, the cameras sit on a 4 square electrician block with a metal blank. Self tapping Tek screws do wonders and solves all issues.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's just around my house not worried about a vandal the pigtails are in the gang box under a eave never had any issues over the past 20 years with them in there, It's just so much simpler to install in a one gang box.
That's what I meant...pigtail in a box, regardless of kind (single gang, 4 square, Dahua PFA-130E).

And I forget not everyone lives 500 yds. uphill from a 21,000 acre man-made lake like myself, where there's HEAVY dew until 2PM every day and many days like a London fog until 9 AM. All that moisture rolls in under the eaves and into un-boxed and/or un-weatherproofed connections, eventually causing issues if exposed or unprotected.

Last edited: