Dahua N52B2P NVR

Marcusx3m

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an issue with a recently purchased 4K 8MP security camera system. It came from Montavue.com and is their system part number MTIP1208244KDP. Their NVR is the Dahua N52B2P. The system works great except for a major issue. You cannot connect to it from your phone or ipad from any other wifi except your own local wifi, so no remote viewing. I gave their IT person access to my router and NVR to try to find the problem. It seems that the firewall on my Motorola MG7550 router is the problem. He was temporarily able to fix it by changing settings on the router and nvr. However, when I restarted my nvr to implement a display change setting, it automatically reset the changes he had made and broke the connection again. At that point, he said that it is not their problem and I should contact Motorola to see if they could fix it. It seems to me that the firewall is doing what it is supposed to. Has anyone else experienced this with Dahua's NVR's and what is the solution?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have an issue with a recently purchased 4K 8MP security camera system. It came from Montavue.com and is their system part number MTIP1208244KDP. Their NVR is the Dahua N52B2P. The system works great except for a major issue. You cannot connect to it from your phone or ipad from any other wifi except your own local wifi, so no remote viewing. I gave their IT person access to my router and NVR to try to find the problem. It seems that the firewall on my Motorola MG7550 router is the problem. He was temporarily able to fix it by changing settings on the router and nvr. However, when I restarted my nvr to implement a display change setting, it automatically reset the changes he had made and broke the connection again. At that point, he said that it is not their problem and I should contact Motorola to see if they could fix it. It seems to me that the firewall is doing what it is supposed to. Has anyone else experienced this with Dahua's NVR's and what is the solution?
You will need to set your Moto to bridge mode. Then you will need to furnish your own router, as bridge mode will disable wifi and routing.
I suggest a Asus https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Dual-Band-AiMesh-Router-AC1900/dp/B00FB45SI4/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1Y05JZYFX8PEH&keywords=asus+router+rt-ac68u&qid=1564512601&s=gateway&sprefix=asus+router,aps,172&sr=8-3
As it has OpenVPN builtin, and is fairly easy to setup.

How Do I Put My Cable Modem/Router (also called Cable Gateway) into Bridge Mode, So I Can Connect Another Router behind It?

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.