Dahua night vision problem

Reaction score
I did a quick search to see if this had happened to anyone before. Does not seem like it has, or at least it has not been mentioned (or maybe my search methods are poor and if so, I'm sorry!). I own several Dahuas (IPC-HDW2100) 1.3 MP dome cameras, and this problem happens to all of them. The picture quality is great, however, once it's lights out the night vision either takes several minutes to kick in--or it simply does not kick in at all. If it does kick in, and I turn the lights back on, the night vision stays on even when there is a massive amount of light in the room. Eventually, several minutes later I hear the "click" and the night vision is off again.

Did I just get 4 defective cameras? :eek:h:

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I can't say for certain, but I think I remember a firmware update helped this problem. Someone else would have to confirm.

Reaction score
I've already upgraded the firmware on all 4 to the most recent I could find, which was December 2013 I believe, and it didn't fix it. If anyone could provide a link to a more recent update (if there is such a thing), that would be great. Dahua firmware updates are hard to find.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It all depends if the camera senses any type of light source or not. Even if it's dark and there is a light on somewhere, it may or may not even go into night mode. If it bothers you that it's taking too long, than you can change the profile to schedule and let the camera change at the programmed times that you chose.

Reaction score
Yes, I've tried setting a schedule as well from the website the manufacturer provides to remote view. The schedule never seems to take into effect though, and even if I want to (as a test) set the camera to night mode for a certain amount of time (which will enable night vision), it always goes back to day mode on its own. I just find it odd that this happens to all four of my cameras.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is the clock correct on the camera itself?

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Would you be interested in doing a team viewer session with me?