Dahua NVR AI Search

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What are requirements for an IVS event to be shown on NVR AI Search?

On customers NVR4216-16P-4KS2/L he has mixed old non-IVS cameras and newer IVS cameras. For example, on channel 6 there is HFW2231S ,channel 7 HFW2431T-ZS and on channel 8 HFW2231S. These work fine with intrusion and tripwire IVS, trips and records as it should. Settings are same, just HFW2431T-ZS has two tripwire rules and HFW2231S one intrusion rule.

On AI search, channel 7 shows nothing, although there is hundreds of events during the day. Channel 6 and 8 show all events on AI Search as they should. I tested to add one intrusion rule also for channel 7, but that does not help. Maybe worth to test delete two tripwires and just add one intrusion...

Same thing seems to have effect also on SmartPSS events. Channel 7 nothing, but channel 6 and 8 shows in SmartPSS events.

IVS settings actions seems to be same for all cameras. Only resolution is better in 2431.

I have the same also in my own XVR5216AN-X-16P, none of my channels are shown in AI search. I have mostly HFW2231S cameras, anyway all of them are with IVS.

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update -> tested with no help:

deleted two tripwires and left one intrusion
changed resolution to 1920x1080 and encode settings same as channel 6 and 8

Noticed that in alarm->alarm info search IVS events of channel 7 are shown

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Unfortunately you cannot compare an XVR (BNC analogue cameras) with the an NVR (IP/internet protocol cameras). To diagnose the issues.
My XVR (7208 I2) will not display IVS or (AI) search for connected IP cameras.

You stated "on customers" NVR. Are you the installer of the NVR?

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
See if on the 4ks2 if you need to have a target filter on for the IVS rule for it to show up in the AI search..

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Didn't Dahua remove IVS recognition from the 4xxx NVR series? I thought I read some posts about that.

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Unfortunately you cannot compare an XVR (BNC analogue cameras) with the an NVR (IP/internet protocol cameras). To diagnose the issues.
My XVR (7208 I2) will not display IVS or (AI) search for connected IP cameras.

You stated "on customers" NVR. Are you the installer of the NVR?
XVR = cross - VR so it has both analogue and IP cameras, and I have only IP cameras. IVS function works well in the XVR, trips-alarms and records as it should.

I am the original installer of the customers NVR.

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
See if on the 4ks2 if you need to have a target filter on for the IVS rule for it to show up in the AI search..
There is no human/vehicle filter in that camera. I adjusted the size min/max filter now but it did not have effect on AI search.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe one at a time for us slow learners

On the 4216, it does not have IVS by recorder so cameras must have IVS

So assuming cam#7 does have IVS, make sure it’s not h.265 or smart codec. Use h.264 or h.264h
On camera IVS setup make sure “record” box is checked.
Open SmartPSS Live view with camera showing IVS rules, test by walking in front of camera and see if IVS rules flash red.
Make sure on NVR record schedule “intelligent” or IVS is set to record for that channel

If so then look at SmartPSS playback timeline to see if there are intelligent/IVS hash marks on timeline

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So assuming cam#7 does have IVS, make sure it’s not h.265 or smart codec. Use h.264 or h.264h
On camera IVS setup make sure “record” box is checked.
Open SmartPSS Live view with camera showing IVS rules, test by walking in front of camera and see if IVS rules flash red.
Make sure on NVR record schedule “intelligent” or IVS is set to record for that channel
Sorry, maybe I was not clear enough in the first message. My English is not native...

"For example, on channel 6 there is HFW2231S ,channel 7 HFW2431T-ZS and on channel 8 HFW2231S. These work fine with intrusion and tripwire IVS, trips and records as it should. Settings are same, just HFW2431T-ZS has two tripwire rules and HFW2231S one intrusion rule. "

So, IVS works fine on channel 7 too, it trips and records. Can be seen on timeline as orange and played back. It's just the AI search function which is not finding anything on channel 7. And what I mean by AI search is the one which can be found in the main menu AI -> AI Search.

The reason I found this was because another customer wanted event alarms in SmartPSS. I was not so familiar with these, so I wanted to test myself first. Thought this channel 7 is good for demoing because it is next to the road and has lot of events. First I thought it was something with SmartPSS, but then
noticed that 6 and 8 trigger SmartPSS event notifications. And then went to AI search, and saw that those cameras which trigger SmartPSS events, appear in AI Search, and ch7 not.

Noticed also that AI Search always shows snapshots. Checked ch7 snapshot setup, but it seems to be the same than on ch6 and ch8.

Well, this is not so big deal, just something odd (again).

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Story continues. No it seems that in new customer's system (installed last week) those IVS intrusions are not passing to SmartPSS lite events. They are chosen in event config and are there with a small green dot, but are never alarmed. Just for a test I added also motion detection, and that seems to work. However, same time happens IVS events, which can be seen on timeline and in AI Search, but SmartPSS lite does not react in them. This is NVR4108-4KS3/L

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have done some thorough investigation and found a reason why channel 7 was not appeared in AI search!

Storage -> schedule -> snapshot -> event has to be enabled. As AI Search shows snapshots, apparently it can't do that if it does not have them stored.

This affects also on Smartpss realtime events (event center). If snapshots from events are not added in storage schedule, Smartpss does not react/notify from those IVS events.

Attachments