Dahua nvr and how to add port forwarded remote cameras

Reaction score
Hi.

I have set up 4grouter and some cameras behind that and also have other location where is dahua nvr and of course, internet connection. I cant add port forwarded cameras to dahua nvr - how i can add those? Nvr cant connect while i try to add manyally those ip and ports..

Site 1:
I have dahua nvr4432 there. Local dahua cameras and all working fine.

Site 2:
Network router where i have done port forward to 1 dahua ip camera, ports 37777 and 554. I have network connection with public and static ip address.

Question:
How i can add Site 2' s camera to Site 1 NVR? Manual add -> what settings needed. I have checked ports are open (canyouseeme.org) but i cant success eith nvr manuall add fields..

Any idea how i can fix this

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll skip the part about port forwarding being a bad idea, are you saying you're trying to reach cameras on a network router over the Interwebs at a different location and add them to the NVR at location #1?
So the IP of this camera you want to add would be a publicly reachable WAN address?

Reaction score
Yes. Just like you said, publicly reachable. I know better idea would be to connect routers with openvpn/similar solution but at the moment i try to add cameras with port forward

Reaction score
I have tried same kind of settings.
There is 2 different cameras behind one 4g-router, so i have forwarded ports 10000 for cam 1 37777 port and 10001 for cam 2 37777 port. Not working. Well, maybe i try to check is there any new firmwares available for the routers because your solution is clear to me but not working here mate.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
It may be a matter of the rules on the router. On my Asus routers I set up 2 rules: port 80 and port 37777 to port forward to the camera IP

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I just discovered something VERY odd.

I went back into that router (via OpenVPN) removed the port forwarding , turned OFF “enable port forwarding” and refreshed the router and verified the changes took. I cannot reach the remote camera via browser or SmartPSS as expected.

HOWEVER, I can still reach it via the NVR, watch live video, and it still shows connected on the NVR??????? WTF?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
OK I rebooted the router and it went away/disconnected.

Hmmm I guess "Refesh" isnt enough