Dahua NVR - Camera Timelapse and FTP

Westy87

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there!

I have an NVR (DHI-NVR2108HS-8P-I2) with 5 Cameras connected (DH-IPC-HDW3666EMP-S-AUS).

I have one overlooking my backyard which I've done a lot of work with planting trees etc recently and I had a thought that I'd love to get a camera taking a snapshot every hour during say 6am to 6pm and then in a few years I can make a time lapse video of it.

I have a TrueNAS at home which I can configure a dataset to be shared as FTP, SMB, iSCSI or NFS which I think would be a good place to store the snapshots.

I have spent a few hours playing around in the NVR settings this evening (web UI and SmartPSS) and I just can't work out how to do this.

The web UI doesn't even have an option to configure FTP anywhere. I eventually found it in SmartPSS to add in the storage area.

Working out how to setup an hourly snapshot on a camera and having it sent to the NAS is a whole other kettle of fish.

My NVR and NAS are on same local network. The cameras are on seperate network coming off the NVR switch and cannot directly talk to the NAS.

Anyone shed some light on how to go about this?