Dahua NVR capacity/bandwidth

Seth01123

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I am helping a friend install some cameras and we are looking at the Dahau NVR4216-16P-4kS2. We will eventually have this NVR maxed with 16 cameras. We are going with this model camera for all 16: IPC-T2231T-ZS 2MP.
The Dahua product page for this website says it will do 8 channel decoding at 1080p at 30 fps. From what I understand 2MP = 1080p. So the max this NVR could handle would be 8 of these cameras at 30 fps(correct me if I’m wrong). I know that 30 is overkill so I’ll probably shoot for 15-20 fps.
So I’m wondering if this NVR will be able to handle 16 2MP cameras at 15-20 fps. It also says it can handle 200 mbps bandwidth. Is this the same as bitrate? If so, am I right in thinking that a 2MP camera at 30 fps requires a bitrate of 5 mbps. Which would mean as long as the NVR has 80 bitrate then I’ll be fine?
Also, the product page says this NVR is end of life. It’s still being sold on Amazon so that’s what got me interested but I am interested if anyone can recommend a newer comparable model around the $300 range. If sticking to that price range is not possible I am open to more expensive options.
Sorry for all the questions, all my very basic knowledge comes from me putting together my own Blue Iris setup. I’ll be recommending Blue Iris to him but I know he is interested in the NVR option as of right now