Dahua NVR connection questions (CGNAT+P2P, being logged out)

houmi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone -

I recently had a Dahua system / NVR installed. The installer wanted to use P2P to set it up, we couldn't set it up, so I just use Wi-Fi on my iPhone/iPad & Ethernet Connection on my PC to connect to it and it works fine (Lan Mode only)

I usually use a VPS/Wireguard to use Servers in my house (like Plex or Gaming servers) since I am behind CGNAT (i.e. T-Mobile ISP), so can't do port forwarding. But for accessing the NVR from outside I installed Tailscale on my router and I was able to connect to it from outside since I noticed the NVR needs many ports.

This week-end I was checking out my AdGuard Blocked list and I saw a site I didn't recognize and it was the P2P server for Dahua, just being curious I enabled it and got P2P working. Granted I know people frown upon using these type of services, I played around with it and saw it's fairly easy to use it, and actually adding a device using it.

I have been wanting my parents to have access to my cameras from overseas, I didn't see any solutions other than creating an account for them and attaching the device via P2P to that account.

However when they switch between their iPhone & iPad, the DMSS app logs them out and they have to log back in, does anyone know if the DMSS app only works with one account ?

Thank you!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I haven’t tested it well enough to be sure but I think that problem is with the P2P service not DMSS

MC1987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Why would you get an installer sounds like you are more than capable

houmi

n3wb
Reaction score
I haven’t tested it well enough to be sure but I think that problem is with the P2P service not DMSS
Yeah looks like it, I didn't have much of a chance to check via Wireshark but I opened ports TCP: 37777 UDP: 37778 for the Wireguard connection to test it from the outside, if it works, I'll disable P2P.

Why would you get an installer sounds like you are more than capable
Not to install Software/Hardware but to re-wire cameras & replace older ones, go into the crawl space and such.