Dahua NVR face recognition + IP Cams face detection?

MirelGalax

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm glad to be a part of this forum :)

My story goes like this: I have bought at discount a new Dahua setup which is the following:
1x NVR4108HS-EI
8x IPC-HDBW5541R-0280B-S3

Manual says that this NVR provides 1 FD/FR (face detection/face recognition) channel which works perfectly well (AI by recorder) but then it also promises that it can accept more FD channels so I've spent the whole day trying to get FD to work, yet I'm not able to

No matter what I do, I can't seem to turn off IVS/VIDEO METADATA to enable FACE DETECTION...each time I do it and hit 'apply' and refresh the page, it's back to IVS/VIDEO and other options are grayed out (FD included)

I've tried web viewer and SMARTPSS alongside NVR menu to change it but nothing helps

Am missing something or it's just not possible to set more than 1 FR channel in this setup? And if it's not possible, what is the use of FD on these cameras?

Thank you
Mirel

Attachments

Reaction score
You have enabled AcuPick on cam (default settings).
NVR lower that 5xxx-EI don't support this functions (and don't allow to disable it on camera)..

Log to camera web service (on NVR Camera->Camera List should be 'Internet Explorer' icon on each camera)...
Go to SmartPlan in camera web service, disable AcuPick, reboot camera and then You can enable Face Detection on camera...

ps. I don't known what level of discount You got, but You choose worst model (5Mpx one) in all new WizMind-S 5xxx-S3 series... It have worst night performance due very small sensor (1/2.8")... 4 and 8Mpx versions are using much bigger one (1/1.8") and 4Mpx version (5442) have best night performance on market..

MirelGalax

n3wb
Reaction score
I...I....well, shame on me...I totally ignored the 'home' button and went straight to abuse the 'gear' button for the whole day which doesn't contain the needed feature haha

Thanks for the tip Steve, I'll try your solution and report later on how it went

And about the discount....it was 40% +20% so...I couldn't ignore it.... xD

Attachments

Reaction score
Yep - in the new NVR/cams Web 5.0 UI, those duality between 2 different list of modules in 2 different places is confusing..

You didn't wrote from what prices?

In Europe 50% off is a standard discount for camera installers from Dahua dealers.
All Hik/Dahua Europe MSRP prices are doubled to have this discount possibility..

MirelGalax

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Steve for the help, it's now up and running on all 8 channels :)

PM sent regarding the prices

Have a wonderful day IPT community!