Dahua NVR go offline only on smartpss (I have ping on it and web service work good)

Jakob44

n3wb
Sep 23, 2022
Syria
Hello everyone
I have 2 new dahua nvr608-64-4ks2 FM:4(latest FM) that go offline only on smartpss although I can ping on it and web service work fine
I have another 2 old nvr dahua nvr608-64-4ks2 but with 3.12 FM on same network same switch and same Dahua cameras without any problems
When I add cameras (36) to new nvr it work well on spss for about many hour but less than a day then it goes offline on spss
I have no ip conflict
I tried without any cameras and work fine
Nvr608-64-4ks2 have 3 NIC I use both one for local network with ip 192.168.1.× and the other for Cameras with ip 10.0.0.×
I have 6 switches distributed in buildings and all switches connect to core fiber switch through fiber cabel
When I reboot the NVR show online for less than an hour then go offline again
It is not over loading issue
And both old nvr still work good.
Please anyone had this issue and solved.
Any ideas it will be sure helpfull.

Last edited:
Hello everyone
I have 2 new dahua nvr608-64-4ks2 FM:4(latest FM) that go offline only on smartpss although I can ping on it and web service work fine
I have another 2 old nvr dahua nvr608-64-4ks2 but with 3.12 FM on same network same switch and same Dahua cameras without any problems
When I add cameras (36) to new nvr it work well on spss for about many hour but less than a day then it goes offline on spss
I have no ip conflict
I tried without any cameras and work fine
Nvr608-64-4ks2 have 3 NIC I use both one for local network with ip 192.168.1.× and the other for Cameras with ip 10.0.0.×
I have 6 switches distributed in buildings and all switches connect to core fiber switch through fiber cabel
When I reboot the NVR show online for less than an hour then go offline again
It is not over loading issue
And both old nvr still work good.
Please anyone had this issue and solved.
Any ideas it will be sure helpfull.
I have the same issue, did you find any clue?
Thanks

In Europe Dahua blocked p2p support for older versions on apps. If you use smartpss from 2022, p2p will no work for you

There are also incompatibilities between old/new apps (smartpss) and NVR firmware versions. Dahua around 2023 started changes in private / p2p protocols and now we have effects

Solution in upgrade everything to fresh versions from 2024 (firmwares and apps)

Reactions: Skaiser
Thanks. I will check.
My situation is this one. I am a SysAdmin and I just started managing this Dahua NVR. It was working fine for the at least last year. The last change is that there were added like 5 cameras, but the same config/model of the old ones. I'm having the issue that the port 37777 sometimes it's blocked and do not allow me to connect using smartpss, using the old or new version of the software. I see on the device that the last build of the firmware is from 2023

There can be another problem here:

You wrote that You use 608-64-4ks2 and added more cams..
As I understand the camera count is rather high, you didn't wrote what count and resolutions..
4ks2 is old line of NVR - it was released around 2017...

it has only 384 mbit of income network bandwidth. it have limited decoding capability (16 channels at 1080p/30fps)..
this can be a problem if You added more cams.

You can check on NVR on camera list what is remaining bandwidth (information available over HDMI interface).
if is low - ten you must remove some cameras or lower bandwidth settings in camera -> encode menu...

Another problem - there can be security / antiDDOS settings which can block access to port 37777 if there is to many connections.

Screenshot 2024-10-02 at 12.04.09.png