Dahua NVR. How to get Channel 10 to move to the channel 9 slot?

batcave

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a 16 channel NVR with 9 cameras. my 9 slot is blank. (No camera) and my 9th camera is showing up I’m the 10th preview slot. This is a problem because when I have it in the preview screen for 9, my 9th camera is on the next page. Lol. Not simple like it was with analog cameras. Thanks.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
The short answer is that you will not be able to move it. At some point you had a camera installed in that 9th spot. If the ports were physical, you could easily do it but I believe that are virtual and that spot once used is reserved for what ever was there before. Once they get screw up like that, you have to unplug all the cameras, default the list and then add all of them one at a time in the order you want them. Once you do that, make sure you back up your config file in case things get messed up again. Another option is to use SmartPss to view your cams, you can drag and drop them in any order you want. I tell you this in good faith with myself using older firmwares but perhaps somebody has done this and was successful with more modern firmware's.