dahua nvr, how to record movement etc..

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i have a dahua nvr with starlight cameras, i have it recording 24/7 but i want to make it show a mark on the time line when there is movement but cant work it out.
i managed to do it with one camera on play back but not the others and i have no idea what i have done wrong as i think i have copied all settings.

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just driving me insane, every setting for each camera and channel appear to be the same but only 1 is showing the yellow marker for movements

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Just a casual observation, are the "starlight Cams" Hikvision or a Hikvision OEM? If so, there are some discussions about not all features working when you mix and match Dahua and Hik, components. They can work, but you may lose features.

zano1899

n3wb
Reaction score
i have a dahua nvr with starlight cameras, i have it recording 24/7 but i want to make it show a mark on the time line when there is movement but cant work it out.
i managed to do it with one camera on play back but not the others and i have no idea what i have done wrong as i think i have copied all settings.
If they are IP cameras, you have to go to each camera by browser and enable the movement, then configure the recording plan in the NVR.

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i finally found it, one setting on the NVR side of things and everything worked, darn it.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I see you've found the answer, but I thought I would share my findings for clunky motion detection on the NVR.

Example in my system is motion from the front door camera and a drive camera with alarm input (switch) from the garage door.

First off, in schedule; I selected MD and alarm, thinking this is motion detection and alarm.
1.PNG
Turns out this doesn't work...

Uncheck "MD&Alarm" and then check the "Motion" and "Alarm".
2.PNG
Make sure to apply it to your schedule. I leave mine 24/7.
3.PNG

Now the schedule should look like this:
4.PNG

Now set motion detection for the camera(s).
Be sure to "Record channel" for that camera (or other cameras).
5.PNG

In the timeline, motion detection comes up with yellow segments.
6.PNG
For alarm it comes up with red.
7.PNG

You will notice that searching "General" recordings does show gaps when a motion/alarm event takes place.
8.PNG

But you still can export through multiple events.