Dahua nvr network problem

Antpd

n3wb
Reaction score
G'day everyone,

So I have a 16 channel nvr,

3 cameras are connected directly to the poe switch on the nvr.(No issue there)

I'm using comfast wireless ap's to bridge to other buildings (connected to nvr poe switch)

I had this problem "Failed to find network host" with the 1st connected ap a few months back, it would come up about 10 minutes after you reboot the nvr, before that it would work fine. Somehow I fixed it and it stopped happening, I think I may have modified the ip cams to static ip's.

But I added more cameras recently and found out I had to add another ap to the nvr switch for the extra bandwidth and now I'm having the problem again.

After boot up the newest cameras work for about 10 mins then I get "failed to find network host" while they are working I can ping the ap's from the nvr fine, after they stop I can't ping them.
In the 2nd building there are 4 cameras connected to a poe switch. All on static ip's

Does anyone know why this is? It's doing my head in.

Also the originally added ap is still working fine... no issues with that one.

Thanks heaps.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are both APs connected to the same port in the NVR?

Ive not had luck using the NVR internal PoE ports this way serving multiple cameras, But others have to a degree. There seemed to be a limit if maybe 3? Cameras..?

I run the main NVR ethernet port to an external switch and all cameras/APs to that switch along with the incoming connection to the router.

Also, Each PoE port on the built in NVR switch is initially allocated a dedicated IP in the 10.1.1.x range. So if you add more cameras, they’ll try and use that IP. Could be a simple IP conflict. Make sure all cams have their own static IP

Antpd

n3wb
Reaction score
Take a look at the sketch,

All the cameras are on static ip's.

Originally I only had 1 master ap at the nvr but with 7 cameras it was pretty delayed... BUT, they all worked and stayed online..

So I put in ap2 and I'm having the network host problem.

Even though they work after boot up for a bit then drop out, after that I can't even ping ap 2.

I read somewhere the nvr memorises/stores the cameras on specific ports and ips so I even restored it to factory settings but still have the same problem.

Also still no problems with ap1 and connected cameras..

Maybe I should change the ips on ap2 to new numbers?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
On the edge of my networking knowledge, but I would try and limit the second AP to 2-3 cameras and see how that does. I know there’s a thread somewhere that discussed similar and they found 3 was max off of one NVR PoE port and 2 was more stable. 4 was problematic …

Your NVR only has 8 PoE ports or 16?

Antpd

n3wb
Reaction score
Even if I only connect 1 camera it still drops out, 8 poe ports.

I'm going to try restore those cameras not working and initialise again.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Of wifi bridges... this will give you headache for life.

What brand and model? Is it ubiquiti equip or just dump wifi routers ?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've only worked with Engenius radios ('06 to '10) and now Ubiquiti ('10 to present day) and there are configuration considerations that must be implemented depending on the schema you're using such as PtP (Point to Point) and PtMP (Point to Multi-Point), also how each radio is used, such as AP mode or Station mode.

Having never used the Comfast brand I cannot say specifically how they are to be configured but it's likely they must be similarly configured as the Ubiquiti, perhaps some terms are different but the function is the same. It looks like you have two schemas: one is PtP (AP's 1.13 connecting with AP 1.15) and the other is PtMP (AP 10.1.1.10 connecting with AP's 1.11 and 1.12).

My point is this: Are you sure you have each radio configured correctly for mode (AP or station, WDS on/off, etc.) and maybe more importantly, I know that some Ubiquiti radios must be configured to disable PtP when used in a PtMP mode. Is that a consideration with the Comfast?

This Comfast diagram mentioned several modes.