Dahua NVR playback problem

LexxyT

n3wb
Jul 8, 2024
Australia
Hi all, I've got a Dahua DHI-NVR4108HS-8P and 8x Dahua DH-IPC-HDW3849H and have a problem viewing IVS recordings. Let me just say that if I go straight to the NVR I can view my videos just fine. I get 10 seconds before the event, the event itself and then 30 seconds afterwards. All cameras work perfectly. However the issue is that if I try to view the event in DMSS or a web login to the NVR I only get about 5 seconds before the event play and then the timeline skips to the next video/event which may or may not play perfectly. This happens randomly between all 8 cameras. Sometimes they work other times they don't. Any suggestion as to what could be causing this?

Are you recording full time plus IVS? You need to in order to see pre/post event

Are you recording full time plus IVS? You need to in order to see pre/post event
I can see the recording perfectly SOME of the time. This issue is not always present. For example I'm in front of the camera now and it just recorded the event exactly as it should have. 10 seconds pre, event, 30 seconds post. However the same camera this morning only recorded 5 seconds pre event then nothing. But if I view it on the NVR itself the recording is perfect. It's something to do with how the NVR is sending the recorded file to the app/web interface that's the problem. Almost like the files are recorded in random formats....

Are you recording full time plus IVS or just IVS?

Are you running MD as well as IVS on any of the cameras where a target could cross both the IVS line and activate MD?

Reactions: Flintstone61
I can see there is a language barrier here. The system is recording PERFECTLY its just not allowing the recording to be viewed the app or webui correctly SOMETIMES. As I have now said 3 times that on the NVR everything works fine and I can view ALL recordings as expected. It's ONLY when an event happens SOMETIMES the recording cannot be viewed in the app or webui. I don't know how I can explain this better....

Check/show S.M.A.R.T status data for each disk in NVR, look for high read/seek disk errors..

THis looks like HDD problem...
Just finished checking as you suggested and it's perfect. It's only 2 days old though so I wasn't really expecting it to be the HDD. I think it's something to do with the file encoding as 60% of the time it works but when it doesn't work it either attempts to load the file with a black screen and a loading percentage that gets to the 90's and then just stalls or the pre recording plays but then bugs out and the rest of the recording doesn't work. Also noticed that when in playback mode for one of these "suspect" files it'll show the seek bar with a blue section showing there is data there but if you select it then it just skips over that section. It's difficult to explain. I'll try to post a video of the app screen to elaborate.

You may have motion detection on, as well as IVS. Turn it off within motion detection settings and within the storage schedule. Just activate IVS and constant recording. IVS and motion detection running together will likely cause the issue your describing.

Reactions: bigredfish
Motion detection is off. As said numerous times now, the recordings work perfectly on the NVR just not on the webui or app. They are extremely hit and miss.

Cannot see that you stated numerous times that motion recording is off.
Sorry for trying to help.
I didn't say numerous times motion detection was off. I stated numerous times that the recordings work perfectly on the NVR. Why does no one even read this. People going on about sett up full time recording or disable motion detection or run ivs with blah blah blah but absolutely no one has even acknowledged the fact that I have said that EVERYTHING works fine on the N.V.R. I clearly have stated this is ONLY an issue trying to view the video from the WEB GUI and the APP. I might have well asked trained monkeys for advice as it seems everyone is fixated on an issue which ISN'T there! Anyway I reckon I found out what the problem was so it seems trial and error were the best option instead of so called forums. Next time I think I'll join an "English speaking" group ‍(facepalm)

I didn't say numerous times motion detection was off. I stated numerous times that the recordings work perfectly on the NVR. Why does no one even read this. People going on about sett up full time recording or disable motion detection or run ivs with blah blah blah but absolutely no one has even acknowledged the fact that I have said that EVERYTHING works fine on the N.V.R. I clearly have stated this is ONLY an issue trying to view the video from the WEB GUI and the APP. I might have well asked trained monkeys for advice as it seems everyone is fixated on an issue which ISN'T there! Anyway I reckon I found out what the problem was so it seems trial and error were the best option instead of so called forums. Next time I think I'll join an "English speaking" group ‍(facepalm)
Perhaps you should contact the forum moderator about refunding your forum subscription fee.

BTW........Is motion detection off? :idk::p

Man, chill off...
Many people tried help You, but you're acting like an asshole...

We don't know what You fucked up with this NVR, so we're trying to give you the most obvious reasons.

If the answers were below your level of knowledge - well, you should be able to fix it yourself..

IMG_3820.jpeg

4108's don't like to run many cameras, esp a full load, they have a shitty bandwidth limitation of 80Mbps which causes fuck shows of issues on a near capacity stream of cameras. I have one...it's a POS....which is why I run Blue Iris as well.
I get to see which one does what better......motion sent to DMSS may stumble when the NVR is bogged down with any load of extra work.

Reactions: samplenhold