Dahua NVR unable to change any IP settings

Reaction score
hiya, first time poster but semi long time lurker.

I had a jobsite yesterday where I needed to add an older Dahua DVR to the 192.168.1.xxx network to integrate it with an OpenEye, as it's currently on the 192.168.0.xxx network from before the customer's ISP swap.
I noticed that no matter what I did, I could not change the IP of this box. I couldn't edit anything besides DNS, and even with it being stuck on DHCP I couldn't get it to adapt to the new network. Restarted box multiple times.

I attempted to directly connect my laptop to the box to interface which works, but I get stuck on "PLEASE INSTALL PLUGINS!" and it keeps whining and yelling about NPAPI plugins being enabled.
I tried to install these plugins 4 times, but every time it would act like it's installing then just die out and nothing would change.

I then tried to install IE 10/11 for compatibility view, couldn't even install this as it appears to no longer be supported. Enabled compatibility view on Edge, no dice. Downgraded my Firefox to v50 for older plugin support and added a boolean string to disable the requirements for this plugin, again no dice.

I then tried to do Smart PSS setup while directly connected to my laptop. I was able to get in and do everything and see everything normally, but again I couldn't edit any IP settings. All grayed out and couldn't edit a single thing.

Does anyone have any input on this? I've never run into this issue before; or not at least one that a reboot couldn't help solve.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can't change anything from the DVR using its mouse and monitor?

Otherwise, try Pale Moon browser, 32 bit (NOT 64).
The 32 bit plug-in should download OK from the DVR IF....anti-virus or Windows doesn't prevent it.

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Sounds like a credential permission thing on not being able to change network settings.

And yeah, try Pale Moon 32 and install the plugin if it asks

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Mouse and Monitor might be a good idea....perhaps the credentials your laptop was using to login, are below admin?

Reaction score
This was all originally attempted with a mouse and monitor. We used the local admin account we setup on install, no dice. :(

will be attempting pale moon when I go back.

Reaction score
I’m working with the older Dahua UI, but yes. I could not change from DHCP to Static nor vice versa. If I hit default on IP settings it will change to static, but still can’t edit anything.