Dahua NVR will not accept Hikvision cameras password?

walkjp1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My Dahua NVR simply refuses to add my Hikvision cameras. In the photo you can see working 1 dahua, 1 dlink. But even though it can detect the Hikvision., it seems to not accept the password for the cameras. I have tried shorter, and longer passwords.
Any help?

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Onvif was enabled.
In the camera?
Log into camera's webGUI, enable ONVIF and create an ONVIF user/pass; use that same user/pass in the NVR's ONVIF setup.
Reboot camera, give the NVR some time to locate and setup for the camera.

Last edited:

walkjp1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In the camera?
Log into camera's webGUI, enable ONVIF and create an ONVIF user/pass; use that same user/pass in the NVR's ONVIF setup.
Yep, been there done that. Tried all 3 user levels, Media, Operator, Administrator. Do not know which one to choose or if it matters?

But maybe you mean something other than putting it in camera at NVR when you say, "use that same user/pass in the NVR's ONVIF setup"? I select the camera in the NVR, and edit there. It also shows password field on live view screen. Tried adding password there also, no luck.

walkjp1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In the camera?
It Works! Your comment about "use that same user/pass in the NVR's ONVIF setup" Got me digging around the settings some more. Found the ONVIF settings in NVR, and also realized I had not changed user name in setup on NVR when I added ONVIF user in camera. Not sure which setting worked, but now everything seems ok.
Thank You

P.S. Also laid large hammer on top of NVR for just in case. Everything working smoothly now.