Dahua NVR2216 won't save SMD configuration to cameras

smoshep

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey,

I have a Dahua nvr2216 with 7 Dahua HDW3849H-AS-PV-S3 cameras connected to it.
I have tried multiple times to properly configure SMD (Smart-Motion-Detection) configuraion to the camera, and although I get an approval that the new configuration has been saved to the camera, it seemed like most of the times either nothing is saved (the camera keep the previous settings), or only part of it is saved.

For example, I'm tryin to get the camera to only light the LED light it has when a motion is detected, and send a message - but it doesn't work. It always also set the camera built-in warning sound and lights.
Now I'm trying to reverse the configuration to the default (do nothing) and it deosn't help - every time someone steps outside of the house an alrm is set on the camera in this area.

Any idea what am I dong wrong?

Thanks!

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to make the changes in the camera GUI, not the NVR GUI. It will pull what the camera has. Make sure you are using Internet Explorer (yea we know) and not Edge or Chrome with IE tab. Or Pale Moon. Anything else and it can be a crapshoot.

To get into the camera GUI from the NVR, you need to first access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer but Pale Moon will work as well) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui and see if doing it this way gets you access to some other features the NVR is blocking - do not worry about the Port number and circle as that was from another issue someone posted.

Simply select the blue IE icon and it will go to the camera GUI and from there you can set the camera parameters.

1696106539794.png

smoshep

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks you, it worked.

How can I configure the camera/NVR to alarm in my phone (via the DMSS app I assume) whenever the IVS or motion detection alarams are triggered?