Dahua NVR5XXX-4KS2 no longer flagging IVS events in playback timeline

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I had NVR5XXX-4KS2 for over 2 years now and it always been a reliable recording and playback unit for me. The NVR is hidden at a hard to reach place in the house so I use Chrome or SmartPSS for all my playback and saving to mp4 duties.

A couple of month ago, i thought on one of the camera that I would try out the IVS intrusion box to compare it to IVS tripwire. On one of the camera, I removed all the tripwire and replace it with one intrusion box. Yesterday, I decided to go back to multiple tripwire like I-had before and remove the IVS Intrusion box.

The tripwire is working because it send a notification to the iDMSS app on my iPhone and in the playback video I can see the red line flashing when tripped but it no longer placing flags in the playback timeline so i cannot see where in the timeline that IVS have been tripped on that camera which I switch back to tripline from intrusion box.

All other cameras tripline are still flagging the IVS events in the timeline with no issue.

Anyone experienced something like this and fixed it? I plan to do a hard reset on that camera later in the evening if I can't seem to find a way to fix this or make it flag in playback time limit somehow.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone experienced something like this and fixed it? I plan to do a hard reset on that camera later in the evening if I can't seem to find a way to fix this or make it flag in playback time limit somehow.
I experienced something similar back in the days when I was fiddling around (read: "optimizing"). At one moment in time, the configurations from the NVR screens weren't properly synchronised with the camera itself. Even in the latest GUI4.0 of this NVR5xxx, if I select "mail option at IVS", that tickbox is NOT propagated properly to the camera. Bug or not, but logging in into the cam (through the "menu - camera's - IE icon" path) will provide you the correct state-of-mind.

So what I suggest you to do (before factory resetting, which is a decent way, but drastical at this point of time):
  • login on your cam itself
  • inspect all the Smart-Plan / IVS / rules - each with their own rule settings (eg record / snapshot mail) --> if record is not ticked at each rule, the timeline won't be flagged either
  • inspect your iDMSS subscription on that camera feed (you might have intrusion box ticked and not tripwire for this particular cam)

If all the above is skewed within the NVR and/or camera, you might consider factory resetting.

Good luck!
CC

drdre84

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know the following:

i have the above mentioned (IVS) set up all good and get subscriptions, then viewing the alert recorded is fine (it shows up and in the timeline of iDMSS app it is dark grey,)

So if i wanted to watch the last day recorded in iDMSS i cant.
When going Home - Video (icon) - tap on + and add camera
Record types are:
- All (shows dark grey in timeline of app) *this is same calor as ivs subscribed alert playback.
- Regular (shows green in timeline of app)
- Alarm
- Motion Detection ( shows up orange in timeline of app)
- Smart Recording

none of the above options will show the IVS events.
does anyone know how to play back ivs events in iDMSS ?

My only workaround it seems is to have IVS and motion detection setup on the camera.