Dahua outdoor camera : live view not movable on my laptop

Alfred954

n3wb
Reaction score
I have following camera system : One DH-NVR4204-4P 4KS2 recorder and 4x IPC-HDBW2431R-ZS-B Full HD 4MP cameras

Can anyone help me with this problem:

When I look at the pictures with my Samsung smartphone (IMOU app) , then I can enlarge the live-view and move it on the screen to see any detail I want.
When I check the live-view with my laptop (also with IMOU) , then I can enlarge the picture but I cannot move it on the screen... (i.e. only the'enlarged' center of the view can be seen when the view is enlarged).

See attached file to illustrate my concern.

Why is not possible to move the view on the screen of my laptop ??? Do I do something wrong??? Would appreciate any usable hint !

Attachments

teemu81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The only hint I can give you is to stay away from imou, Dahua offers better (although not perfect) options, you have Dmss for your mobile phone and SmartPss for your laptop. Most likely your problem comes from one of the many issues Imou has been having. Unfortunately I can't offer further advice since I've barely used it because of what I mentioned before

Alfred954

n3wb
Reaction score
The only hint I can give you is to stay away from imou, Dahua offers better (although not perfect) options, you have Dmss for your mobile phone and SmartPss for your laptop. Most likely your problem comes from one of the many issues Imou has been having. Unfortunately I can't offer further advice since I've barely used it because of what I mentioned before

I know SmartPss but with this application I cannot even zoom in a live view...(???)
I was told that SmartPss can best be used with Internet Explorer - is this correct or not ?
I use the IMOU app on my Androïd phone and it functions to my 'restricted' expectations. However it remains rare that on my phone I can enlarge the live view and move the enlarged view to any detail I want. This is not possible on my laptop as I stated in my first problem description.
Tx anyway you for your reaction !

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
SmartPSS has nothing to do with Internet Explorer or any other browser. It is a stand-alone program. I give it a 99% shot that smartPSS can do the job!

Good luck!
CC

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
SmartPSS can "zoom" but like any viewer, it is digital zoom and will simply enlarge the target area of the image and distort it with pixelization, so not sure what benefit you hope to get out of it. The camera is set at a fixed position so any "zoom" will be digital zoom, but yes you can do it

1- Double click camera to full size (main stream)
2- Click the magnifying glass icon top right
3- Draw a box of the area you want to zoom to with your mouse pointer and let go

smartpsszoom1.jpg smartpsszoom2.jpg smartpsszoom3.jpg

Alfred954

n3wb
Reaction score
SmartPSS can "zoom" but like any viewer, it is digital zoom and will simply enlarge the target area of the image and distort it with pixelization, so not sure what benefit you hope to get out of it. The camera is set at a fixed position so any "zoom" will be digital zoom, but yes you can do it

1- Double click camera to full size (main stream)
2- Click the magnifying glass icon top right
3- Draw a box of the area you want to zoom to with your mouse pointer and let go

View attachment 71634 View attachment 71633 View attachment 71632
That is a clear and useful hint ! I just tried it out and it works. Thanks a lot !