Dahua plug and play nvr system

The juice

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am new to the forum here but have been checking it out recently trying ro learn all i can. I am going to install a camera system at my home and have decided i want to go with Dahua 5442 line of cameras. I have already mapped out and picked the appropriate camera lenses i will be using.
My question is i am looking for an good NVR with Poe that is, first compatible with the cameras , second, plug and play easy to use and has an app for remote viewing on my phone when i am not at the house. It also has to have built in storage with at least a 3TB hard drive.
I do not know much about cameras and their settings all i know is that i would like to install some Dahua 5442 line cameras with an NVR that has a good app for remote viewing on my phone and that does not require much tweeking with the settings once they are installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated , thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Keep in mind these better systems are not plug-n-play. You will need to dial these cameras in to your fields of view and make adjustments to the NVR for what you want...Running these cameras and NVR are default/auto settings rarely provides the performance desired.

Further it is best to match camera brand with NVR brand.

All NVRs are not created equal. Bandwidth is a huge component that separates out the different NVRs. You could go with a cheaper one, but it will be limited and will throttle back the great cameras you are getting.

You will want to go with the 5XXX series NVR by Dahua (well the Dahua OEM sold by @EMPIRETECANDY here):

We recommend purchasing one that has way more camera channels than you think you need. You will probably be adding cameras.

The good NVRs do not come with HDD as they geared towards the higher end user that wants to put in their own spec'd HDD. It is really simple to do. Unscrew the case off and plug in the HDD and screw the case back on. You will want to go with a surveillance rated HDD like a WD purple.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

The juice

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes i understand, price is not an issue with getting an NVR. If i went with one of those NVR's you suggested can i still view my cameras from an app? If so which app would it be? Thanks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, it would be the app for Dahua systems depending on your device. Smart PSS or DMSS for example.

The juice

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, do you know if empire tech sells on amazone canada. I am located in canada