Dahua PTZ problem from mobile app

hs5424

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,
I hope this hasn't been covered before. I had a look around and didn't se it on the site.
My question is in relation to Dahua's full function IP cameras. When panning for example the camera will ''take off'' and continue to pan 360o and will not stop. I have seen it happen with both the DMSS and gDMSS apps.
Anyone know if there is a fix for this or is it something to do with timing across the www.
Any comments welcome.

hs5424

n3wb
Reaction score
I never got it sorted out. I believe its not just confined to Dahua. It's something got to do with the stop command getting lost and latency over a mobile network.
I haven't tried it out with the DMSS app which is the current preferred app to use with Dahua.
Sorry I don't have any better news to report back.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I've seen it on a couple of remote cameras I manage usually with SmartPSS. I've seen that if I take time between clicks and dont' rush it, it seems to work fine, But if I'm in a hurry and clicking the various pan controls before the last command finished, it will occasionally go into the 360 loop.

I also found that by simply closing the app, it stops and I can go back in and regain control

hs5424

n3wb
Reaction score
I've seen it on a couple of remote cameras I manage usually with SmartPSS. I've seen that if I take time between clicks and dont' rush it, it seems to work fine, But if I'm in a hurry and clicking the various pan controls before the last command finished, it will occasionally go into the 360 loop.

I also found that by simply closing the app, it stops and I can go back in and regain control
Yes. I was told by a sw guy that it gets the start pan command and the pan stop command isn't received at the desired time.