Dahua restarting / losing network link every 5-10 seconds

Daniel15

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I purchased three IPC-T5442T-ZE cameras from Andy in October 2022. I installed two of them in 2023 and they're working very well - no problems at all. I was trying to install the third one today, but I'm encountering issues while bench testing it. I haven't used that one before - it's brand new out of box.

The problem I'm having is that it's dropping the network link every 5-10 seconds. I can ping 192.168.1.108 once, but then it becomes inaccessible again until 5-10 seconds later. Here's a video of a PoE switch demonstrating the fault. The camera is plugged in to port 11:

You can see the link light turns off, then turns on again a bit later. I tried it with a different switch and a different network cable, too. Same issue.

I've tried resetting it using the 'reset' button next to the SD card slot, but that didn't help.

I've emailed Andy about it, but has anyone seen this before? Any ideas?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What are your other cameras - maybe you are maxing out the power wattage of the switch?

Try unplugging everything else but that camera and see if it works.

Or is another camera already on the 192.168.1.108 address and it is IP conflicting itself out?

Daniel15

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What are your other cameras - maybe you are maxing out the power wattage of the switch?
I've got four other cameras - the two Dahuas and two indoor Amcrest ones with PoE splitters. Pulling <20W total and the switch supports 250W so I'm nowhere near the limit.

Try unplugging everything else but that camera and see if it works.
I tried using a separate PoE switch with nothing else attached except my computer and the camera, and could still repro.

Or is another camera already on the 192.168.1.108 address and it is IP conflicting itself out?
The other cameras are all in the 10.20.0.0/16 range.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah sounds like the usual causes are not the problem.

I would suggest hold the factory reset in for 2 minutes and then let it sit overnight on a POE injector if possible. Perhaps there is some capacitor or some other item that needs a charge after sitting for so long?

I seem to recall there was another thread where someone bought several and one sat unused for a year or so.