Dahua SD2A500HB-GN-A-PV-S2 users cannot access substream

Perplexer

n3wb
Reaction score
I have seveal different Dahua cameras in my home and I just bought the SD2A500HB-GN-A-PV-S2 model to set it up. I'm accessing substreams on all my cameras but when setting up this new one I noticed that I keep getting this error in the browser:

Error
{"result":false,"error":{"code":285278249,"message":"Authority:check failure."},"id":53,"session":2444454334}

An error like this usually appears if the user does not have the correct permissions. While "Live" and "Playback" were enough to open a MJPEG substream on Dahua IPC-HFW1435S-W-S2, I found out that a user on a later model Dahua IPC-HFW2441T-ZS in addition also requires the "AV parameter" to be able to access substream,

I made sure to add this permission for the account when setting up SD2A500HB-GN-A-PV-S2 as well, but it didn't help. I then gave the user ALL permissions, but still kept getting that error. I then deleted the user and recreated it again and made it admin (in admin group), but still got the same error. The only user that is able to open the MJPEG substream is the built-in "admin" user, even though it has exactly the same permissions as the manually added user.

The URLs I use for this (first one works, second one doesn't; they are both admins):

Did anyone encounter something like this before? It seems to be a firmware bug or something on this particular camera. There doesn't seem to be any updates for it. Is there anything that can be done, or should I return it?

Device Type
DH-SD2A500HB-GN-A-PV-0400-S2

System Version
V2.811.0000013.0.R, Build Date: 2023-12-20

WEB Version
V3.2.1.1712428

ONVIF Version
22.12(V2.0.1.0)

Security Baseline Version
V2.2

Copyright 2023, all rights reserved.

Last edited:

Perplexer

n3wb
Reaction score
I have since discovered that this camera has other issues as well. It does not automatically switch illuminator modes based on Day/Night cycles. This is an obvious major firmware bug in these models. This camera really turned out to be pretty much unusable. :(

Last edited: