Dahua SD49225T-HN suggestions for mic connection

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Would like to connect a mic to my camera. I do have an extra power supply for the mic (12v) ready to use but so far the mic I purchased (which had a RCA connector), I can't get to work.
I finally chopped off the RCA connector and exposed two wires, a white wire and a non-shielded wire. I connected the white wire to the white wire from the camera and the black wire from the camera to the unshielded wire.
No audio (yes I have audio enabled). I've switched the wires, rebooted camera, no go. The picture below is the pigtail on my camera, the black coated with with red/white/black wires is my audio. Red is audio out, white is audio in & black is ground)
It should be as easy as connecting the two wires from the powered mic to the white/black on the camera, right?
pigtail1.jpg

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is the impedance and sensitivity compatible between the devices? A "powered mic" does not necessarily output "line level", which I have a suspicion the camera will be expecting.

If you post the datasheets and/or specifications it would assist in assisting you.

Cheers, Steve

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any luck on this? I'm wanting to add Audio to my SD49225XA.

I'm thinking of getting the microseven mic and this RCA adaptor. Anybody think it will or won't work?

Should work fine. If that cam has bare wires for audio, you'll need the female version also.
Best option is soldering the bare wires together with some heat shrink tubing over the connections, but if your not comfortable with that, then the connectors will work.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Why its's called lollipop is beyond me, :facepalm:

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Should work fine. If that cam has bare wires for audio, you'll need the female version also.
Best option is soldering the bare wires together with some heat shrink tubing over the connections, but if your not comfortable with that, then the connectors will work.
Wait, I bought this end for the bare wires on the cam. I thought instead of using the male to male adaptor, I could plug this straight into the white RCA connector on the mic pigtail?

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@marklyn

Did you have any luck? I just got my cam connected up and working. Was pretty simple.

Ignore the crappy wiring lol. I may get around to fixing that. I actually think I may move the cam so weather proofing and neat cabling was not a priority lol.

20191021_162024.jpg20191021_162037.jpg20191021_163150.jpg

Ignore the fact that two presets are named mailbox also lol.