Dahua SD49425XB-HNR - Alarm Track & Idle Motion Settings

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm using BI and not a Dahua NVR. I've read the manual but would like a little more clarification on these two settings:

IDLE MOTION:
1674701795142.png

Is this to have the PTZ go to the Preset2 location after 1 second of the last commands received from BlueIris OR after the last motion from Deep IVS (if Deep IVS is the only detection enabled) is detected? If not, what do I do in the PTZ settings to make the PTZ go to Preset2 after no more motion/events are detected?

ALARM TRACK:
1674701965597.png

Q: Is this setting telling the PTZ to continue tracking the object for 30 seconds after a Deep IVS event is triggered if Deep IVS is the only detection type enabled?
A: ?

Q: If Alarm Track was not enabled what would the PTZ no longer do versus having it checked?
A: Auto Tracking will be disabled if Alarm Track is disabled.

Q: If Alarm Track is enabled and the Track Time is 30 seconds what would it do versus if the Track Time was 200 seconds.

Q: And, does the Alarm Track Time prevent the PTZ from processing another event until the Track Time has expired?

Last edited:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
So far what I've determined about the IDLE MOTION settings when using it for presets:

1674916441597.png
In the example above (Enable, Preset2):
  • If the BI joystick/arrow control are used to move the position of the PTZ or to zoom then after 1 minute the PTZ will move to Preset2 regardless of if it was at a preset location prior to using the joystick/arrow controls.
  • If the Preset controls are used either in the BI interface or via a BI Preset software command to any preset location then IDLE MOTION setting is ignored...the camera will not move to Preset2 and camera will stay put.
  • If the PTZ is sitting in a different preset position (for example Preset3) then is triggered via IVS rules this setting has no effect at all. It does not impact when the PTZ will go back to it's preset before the triggered IVS and will not move the PTZ to Preset2.
This means that if you are using spotter cams to position the PTZ after the spotter cam commands the PTZ to move to a preset location (via BI) then the PTZ will stay at that commanded PTZ location forever regardless of this setting. Therefore, you should not use this setting if your expectation is for the PTZ to return the PTZ to it's idle/default/power-up preset location.

If you are using IDLE MOTION with presets then the only useful aspect of this feature with BI is if you are using the joystick/arrow control to manual move the PTZ and you want the PTZ to go back to a specific preset location after the specified Idle Time. The reason might be because you want to record that location (you manually moved the PTZ to) for the duration of the Idle Time or because you simply walked away from your BI interface and want the PTZ to go back after the specified Idle Time.

Last edited:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm probably not getting responses to my questions because none of us are sure what these features do precisely since the Dahua documentation is so vague.
1674926916130.png
The older version of firmware I have (V2.800.1341000.0.R.P9.2522.UN.NR, Build Date: 2020-03-12) doesn't match the documentation I found. There is no option to enable Auto Tracking in my firmware (it's pre-enabled) but the manual provides instructions on how to enable it. Also, there is a reference to disabling Auto Tracking when using Alarm Track. Again, I'm not sure what Alarm Track is. It appears that the manual I'm looking at is newer than my firmware and whatever newer version of firmware this documentation if for still included Auto Tracking if Alarm Track is disabled.

1674926514469.png

In my firmware version, you have to have Alarm Track enabled otherwise Auto Track will not work at all. But the question is....what does Track Time do? I would assume that it sets the amount of time that the PTZ will continue tracking an object if it's still in the frame of view and moving. I always have some large object that my target goes behind during the Track Time and the PTZ gives up tracking immediately. And, this is a known issue with this PTZ like it's 2MP brother version. Too bad there isn't a "dwell" setting such that when the target reappears from behind the large object that the PTZ continues tracking it.
1674926750045.png

Last edited: