Dahua SD59225U-HNI PTZ Playing Sound through speaker IVS/Motion trigger

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

Seems In destined to be disappointed after spending thousands and thousands of dollars on cameras.
It appears that Dahua give priority and the best WORKING software updates to their CHEAP cameras but not to the expensive cameras?

The problem is I need my cameras to do 3 things.
1. Track people and or movement using IVS.
2. 2 way audio. this has been a life saver, being able to call out ahole drug addict loser homeless before they drive a forklift through my business. No one seems to get the importance of this feature. Literally being able to stop a theft and vandalism until cops show up... Does anyone else see the value here?
3. Being able to play audio sounds/files through the connected speaker when an IVS/Motion event is triggered.

From what I have found out there is a dirt cheap camera IPC-T5241H-AS-PV 2mp AI active deterrence cam has this feature.

What I need to know is how to I get my cameras, SD59225U-HNI PTZ, (the expensive ones) to work like the CHEAP IPC-T5241H-AS-PV 2mp AI active deterrence cam and play a sound through the speakers?

Here we have the
CHEAP IPC-T5241H-AS-PV 2mp AI active deterrence cam audio menu.
1575706919693.png

And here we have the Nice professional Expensive PTZ cameras which apparently don't get updates like the cheap ones do???? maybe I'm wrong?
1575706996122.png

My apologies for being disspointed, I feel like I have been mislead and intentionally spent the money needed to get the features I needed... I dont get why the cheap cameras have way more feautres and more regualr updates than the higher end cameras.... Whats up with this?

also, if there isnt an normal dahua firmware update way to to do this does someone have noather way such a coding, or coding from a trigger? I am currently using SmartPSS... any suggestions would be welcomed.. Thanks again,

Attachments

Grn1z

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would take the time to read about blue iris and what you can and cant do with the software.
I'm not too sure but I bet that you can do many of the things. However, you would have to know how to program scripts using blue iris.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Active Deterrence cameras didn’t “get an update” that lets them do that. They were designed from the start to do that (and they actually did that from the moment they were released, no update was required).

Your PTZ cameras are expensive because of the kick-ass fast PTZ capabilities and the incredible optics that let it zoom a shit ton further out than any of the “cheap cameras” can. That doesn’t mean that the system inside your expensive professional camera running everything was built with enough spare horsepower (or extra memory) to also do the new ‘AI’ motion detection filtering that the new Active Deterrence features seem dependent on.

Blue Iris has the ability to play a sound file on a camera that has a speaker when motion happens. It also has the ability to move a camera to a specific pre-set when motion is detected on different camera. I have no clue if your cameras will work with it, but sounds like something worth your investigating.

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
...Maybe I picked the wrong time to stop sniffing glue?...lol
Thanks guys for the info.
1. I have a full licensed paid version of Blue Iris but I cant get support even though I have paid for it twice, and offered to pay additional.
---Paid support when fully paid, paid twice actually, is none existent.
---Blue Iris cant trigger off of IVS although BI States in can.
--- Why does SmartPSS work but BI Doesnt?
--- Viewing live video without having a shutter speed of 1 frame per minute. Extremely choppy, extremely slow, I have 10 cameras that I need to view live video in real time not 60 seconds later or view every 10th frame. I have daily, hourly trespassers on my property and I cant afford the extreme delay.
--- And yes, I have been through hours of going through the typical memory saving, video choppy, wiki, stickies and everything else related to BI.
---Im sure I could get it to work if I had a 10 minute conversation with a live support person. This is why I am forced to use SmartPSS. I can view all 10 cameras live over the web, or VPN in Main Stream, Sub Stream without any lag or video chop or frame rate or memory issues using SmartPSS. This is why Blue Iris is not an option for me.
---My apologies, I realize there are die hard Blue Iris supporters out there but I am stating hard core facts with my direct experience. I had to make a decision in getting cameras to work and to view live after spending 3 months 8 hours a day trying to get BI to work and get a phone call. I was sold a talking head, noise, fallacies. This is why I am asking if there is another way to play a simple sound through the cameras speakers, etc, or I would have used BI and never asked this in the first place. It looks like I will have to write some code. I really enjoy throwing away my time and money for functions that should work, and been told would work when I purchased the hardware and software.

b. What I want to do is very simple. When my IVS is triggered I want to play a siren sound through the camera speaker. I used the "AI Active Deterrence" as a working example that can do this. I dont really care either way what camera does what. I can tell you that the PTZ cameras have more than enough horsepower for this same exact software that is on the cheap cameras, I used this example becuase it is written on the exact same software ALL Dahua cameras use. My cameras arent even a year old yet. And Im informed/discovering that the Cheaper cameras have way better software with way better features and updated way more often! One might think with the latest fiasco with spying that the cameras manufacturers would step up their quality.

Again, my appologies for complaining, it seems im not the only one who has made notice of this. Thanks again for all your help.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IVS can trigger Blue Iris. There are a few threads here that show how to set that up. I use it on three of my Dahua cameras... two have the new AI human/vehicle IVS filter options and the other has a built-in PIR sensor, all of which have had fewer false alerts from me than when I used BI motion detection.

As for “way more often” updates on the cheaper cameras, the updates are almost always just bug fixes. So is your ask that Dahua ships the expensive PTZs with more bugs from the start so that they can receive more frequent updates? The first few updates for the newer cheaper 5442 AI model was because the IR was washing out people’s faces when they got close to the camera at night. Now the updates have been trying to get IVS to work better. You make it sound like Dahua is adding new feature after new feature to the cheaper cameras, which isn’t true.

Blue Iris is literally a one person company (Ken). Sucks you haven’t been able to get support from him. There are many other companies that provide VMS solutions like Blue Iris that have dedicated support folks. They cost significantly more than Blue Iris so most folks here aren’t interested. You may be.