Dahua SmartPSS Crashing in Windows 10

Does Your SmartPSS Run Reliably without crashing?

• Yes

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters

comets

n3wb
Reaction score
using 32 bit on x64 system as its more reliable (V2.002.0000007.0.R.181023), made a mistake by trying to fix this bug of upgrading to 64 version which deleted all pass/user logins and i had over 20 cams on that system (i assumed the x63 system read the devices.xml file differently so could not read the hashed passwords)..yes i had similar issues of the software just crashing, you have to ensure you didn't make any new camera additions when it does or you will lose those cams, i found an odd fix for my bug by moving the whole smartpss folder into a USB and running form there, it worked but you can't run it directly off the PC because it then read the winsxs files instead of the MSVCR .dll files it alreayd had in its own folder..

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I think I'm sending a lot of ones and zeros to their grave and not helping. I went back and forth between 32 and 64 bit smartPss a few times and 32 bit was clearly more stable in terms of crashing or silently terminating. My problem with it was it used a lot of cpu cycles and gummed up the whole system. I could have lived if it didn't have the "feature" of setting itself to high priority, causing response issues for other apps. The 64 bit version I run doesn't reset its priority and uses a lot less CPU cycles, so the least of evils for me is using the 64 bit version that doesn't mess up everything else in the system, having to restart it and clean up its garbage files occasionally.

None of this helps you. I'm frustrated because as a full-time smartPss user I fell like I should be able to help, but in reality I'm close to clueless about what you're dealing with.

comets

n3wb
Reaction score
yeah my bug is odd, it started cause i was on it and then as u can see i live in a third world country, the power went out, and when my pc started and i tried going back in, something messed up the registry or some settings and i could no longer get in, just 2 weeks back i was forced to download another software, which isn't as good (QC View) cause no one could help me :( running smartpss off the USB also caused it to crash randomly so it wasn't much of a solution..i just need someone to tell me how to FORCE smartpss to read the MSVCR80.dll file thats already in its folder instead of trying to read the WinSXS one

Reaction score
So this might help some people: I've been running SmartPSS for about 6 years. It's never been what I would call "super stable." It's been "really good." The past day, though, it won't run for more than 5 seconds before crashing, after opening a saved view. I traced it back to some audio driver+app bundles with my mobo: ASUS STRIX Z590E Gaming WiFi. A-Volute + the DTS sound app (Sonic Studio or some nonsense). Removing the DTS stuff didn't solve it, alone, so I am not sure if it is involved. I only know that removing both did the trick. I really didn't need those, anyway - was really just installing to ensure all PCI Devices were properly detected. Removal only involved the Windows 10 App Add/Remove process. No driver deletes or reg keys or anything extra. Just remove the Apps and suddenly SmartPSS has been running for over an hour. It could be some pathing issue, or audio codec, or a myriad of things under the hood... I don't care to find the exact cause.....

fatjoez

n3wb
Reaction score
If your crash happens in playback try my fix posted here:
SmartPSS crashes on any playback

For me SmartPSS only crashed in playback (live view was OK). Uninstall + start fresh with new configuration worked. (You can restore "devices" xml file though)

Florin77

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, after win11 update, SmartPSS is not working . Look at the picture pls, it only stay like in the picture. I uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times :( same problem with de playback....i have version 2.003.0000002.0

tnx

Attachments

fatjoez

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, after win11 update, SmartPSS is not working . Look at the picture pls, it only stay like in the picture. I uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times :( same problem with de playback....i have version 2.003.0000002.0

tnx
Shouldn't be related to windows 11.
But I recommend everyone uninstall windows 11 and stay on 10.

Please find the smart pss LOG file and share it

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Florin77

n3wb
Reaction score
Now is too late to quit win 11 :(

this is from sdk_log file, it's ok?

Begin Time:2021-12-31T12:55:55.894
[2021-12-31T12:55:55.894 info Netsdk:47609 9924:8512 AVNetSDKMgr.cpp:394]Load avnetsdk library dynamically
[2021-12-31T12:55:55.912 info Netsdk:47609 9924:8512 AVNetSDKMgr.cpp:418]avnetsdk module handle: 000002B1CC3F0000

[2021-12-31T12:55:55.912 info Netsdk:47609 9924:8512 AVNetSDKMgr.cpp:755]Load configsdk dynamically
[2021-12-31T12:55:55.918 info Netsdk:47609 9924:8512 Manager.cpp:14242]-------------------Log file reset, log number:10-log size:10240------------------

Sunfox

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So this might help some people: I've been running SmartPSS for about 6 years. It's never been what I would call "super stable." It's been "really good." The past day, though, it won't run for more than 5 seconds before crashing, after opening a saved view. I traced it back to some audio driver+app bundles with my mobo: ASUS STRIX Z590E Gaming WiFi. A-Volute + the DTS sound app (Sonic Studio or some nonsense). Removing the DTS stuff didn't solve it, alone, so I am not sure if it is involved. I only know that removing both did the trick. I really didn't need those, anyway - was really just installing to ensure all PCI Devices were properly detected. Removal only involved the Windows 10 App Add/Remove process. No driver deletes or reg keys or anything extra. Just remove the Apps and suddenly SmartPSS has been running for over an hour. It could be some pathing issue, or audio codec, or a myriad of things under the hood... I don't care to find the exact cause.....
Good call on that one! Brand new Asus Z690 Hero setup in Windows 11 and after a clean, fresh SmartPSS installation with zero customization besides adding my NVR, it would crash instantly on live view if software decoding was selected, and after 5-10 seconds with hardware decoding selected.

I uninstalled both “Sonic Radar” and “Sonic Studio” (had to do so from the App menu as they did not appear in Add/Remove Programs) and it seems to be all better now.

Next time I do a driver update and both of those come back, I’ll see if both needed be uninstalled or just one. Sonic Radar is supposed to do a visual representation of audio which is probably the one messing things up.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Back a long time ago, in computer software time, IIRC most of those Windows (Windows 3, for Work Groups the old stuff)
blue screen problems were almost always due to Video or Sound drivers. They all were up in the 15M-16M memory addresses.

Who would ever dream of 16 Megs of memory when 640 K was load? To solve that problem was the use of emm386.exe and
do an exclude for those ranges. I wonder if that is still a problem?