Dahua TPC-DF1241 (3.5mm thermal / 4mm visible)

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
TPC-DF1241

Another Andy purchase! Just quickly put it up to see what it's like.

Person is at 100ft
Truck is at 250ft (engine and rear wheel hot)
Barn/shop is 215ft closest side to 260ft far end (all the heat escaping from their soffits)
I'm using "Cold Color Fusion" to merge the visible and thermal images below in the 1st green shot.

2nd shot is the visible camera. The visible cam has pretty weak specs but wanted to show it in comparison. I won't be relying on the visible cam for anything but providing some non-thermal assistance for the "fusion" mode. I have many other better cameras to take of the non-thermal side of things.

1638506316912.png 1638507342822.png 1638507774601.png

The thermal camera alone is weak too but I haven't tried tweaking anything yet.

Some settings are a bit foreign to me so I need to fiddle with the cam.
1638506596328.png

I think it has built-in audio but I can't get it to work yet - if it has it... I'm hoping because I have many misty/foggy/rainy nights that this cam will fill some spots that seem to limit my other cams. Will add shots when I get some more interesting.

Last edited:

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 3 of the 1241 turret Thermals (from Dahua, not Andy, but likely the same thing). I'd buy more (theoretically great for people/vehicle detection at night) BUT until they figure out WHY the cameras do NOT log the AI-Search analytics and DMSS push notifications correctly, I'm holding off on getting more. I have a case open with Dahua on this for 3 months ONGOING now, working with USA L2 support AND China DEV team members both. It's been really frustrating. The thermal has a lot of positives but it doesn't do me any good if the darn AI Searches and DMSS push notifications are only working 40-60% of the time.

In fact, as I type this at 2:06am in the morning, I am on the phone WITH L2 support and WITH China developers working on troubleshooting the issue. (have to work on this on China time)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@JesseSR - sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues with those things.

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you have any tips on setup Jesse, fire away. I haven't tried too much yet as just rec'd it. Bummer to hear about the ongoing issues you're experiencing though. I'm not sure I'll be using that feature, yet but who knows.

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@JesseSR - sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues with those things.
Yea it sucks. China Dev have seen the problem happen live (had them remote into my computer to look at what's going on) and even loaded up SDK tools to verify what's going on and did multiple Wireshark packet captures as well. They see that the camera isn't sending specific AI analytics data on occasion to the NVR even though it's sending information about the Alert itself. This is why successful IVS triggers correctly show up under the NVR Events and NVR Search, but those same successful IVS triggers do NOT up under the NVR AI Search (which is why there are also no DMSS push notifications). The problem is, they don't seem to be able to figure out the reason or how to fix it. Furthermore, these thermal cameras STILL don't have very good IVS tripwire detection either ---they still miss vehicles way more often than I am comfortable with, so I can't rely on them at all.