Dahua vs Hikvision IP Camera

Dahua vs Hikvision

• Total voters

C.A.T.S

n3wb
Reaction score
Dahua vs Hikvision

I want to keep all cameras the same branding and have at least 1 with face recognition software etc

for now, will use zoneminder ( Ubuntu with ZFS ) as a NVR and then later on when having extra $ get a hardware NVR
ideally something that can archive on a NAS system
the other thing is having something I can easily pull the data of HDD via PC when the NVR is dead
so far everything I have tried is formatted using proprietary firmware so no way to access the data

which camera set should I aim for? in Australia and needing something that can have firmware updates etc

any of these cameras support standalone mode with sdcard saving?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I can offer a single data point, not any sweeping generalizations. I started out with Hikvision built 4 mp EXIR cameras and could never figure out why the image quality was way below my expectation. In a sort of act of desperation I tried a single 4 mp chinese market Dahua camera and a single chinese market Hikvision 4 mp camera. The low end Hikvision camera was worse than what I had, while the low end Dahua camera blew them all away for image quality. I cut my losses and switched to Dahua, and in the process found out I like the Dahua's NVR interface better. Like I said, no sweeping statement. Hikvision might have fixed the image quality by now, different camera models might give different results, etc. If enough people post comparisons a trend might become apparent.