Dahua vs unifi

kolbasz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In my house I have unifi APs, network gateway and soon switches to provide poe for devices.

With that said I ordered a verifocal dahua clone from Andy, but afterwards started to ask myself why I broke trend in matching my equipment.

So I just wonder how the brands compare. From what I saw, unifi doesn't really have a verifocal camera except the much more expensive g4. So aside from limits like that, I am curious if unifi cameras would have been a place in my ecosystem,vs these cheaper yet more capable options.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
You are paying for the Unifi brand and eco-system when using their cameras. I have a Unifi USG, 8 port switch, and two APs from them. I even run their controller in the cloud on a Linode VPS. But no way am I paying for their sub-par cameras. You will get much more bang for you buck with others.

Edit: I can't even find the specs for this camera which would be their closest equivalent to the 5442. What sensor size does it use? What is its minimum illumination needed for color video? What video compression can it do etc... I'm not paying $50 more than a 5442 turret for something that will perform worse.

Last edited:

kolbasz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Makes sense. From my talks in the unifi community, it seems the g4 pro is the closest equivalent, but the price is crazy. At least that is how I understood it anyway.