DAHUA VTO2000A and fingerprint

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm running a VTO2000A at my house' door with SIP firmware. Now I want to add a fingerprint sensor. The official VTO2000-F cannot be integrated anymore, so I found Dahua' ASR1102A that would fit better. Looking at the manuals it seems pretty similar to the VTO2000-F, just power and a RS485 bus to integrate it into the system.
Could this work, or is the protocol spoken on the RS485 not compatible with my VTO? Actually I expect all Dahua devices to use same protocol on the RS485.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T819 mit Tapatalk

gator123

n3wb
Reaction score
I am looking for a good IP-based video intercom solution for my front gate that allows me to have conversations and open the gate from either a station inside the house or from my smartphone. I'd like to have a number pad as part of the video unit at the gate, and a fingerprint sensor would be a bonus (but not necessary). I prefer POE for all components and the gate and home are already fully wired with ethernet and electric. From my research, it appears that both the Hikvision Door Station (e.g., DS-KD8002-VM and related components)as well as the Dahua Video Intercom (at gate, VTO2000A-C with both VTO2000A-K (number keypad) and VTO2000A-F (fingerprint device)) plus related indoor monitors, are both good options. I haven't found any reviews of well these systems actually work. If you have any advice on this or could direct me to any resources, I'd greatly appreciate it. I have about six outdoor Dahua Starlight cameras that I plan to use with Blue Viris -- while this is separate from the intercom system, I mention this in case there's any relevance. Thanks.

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't know the Hikvision very good. I decided to go for a Dahua because of the two firmware flavours (Dahua&SIP) and I'm very happy so far.
Also there is a lot of information in the forums for dahua devices and the VTO2000A. I am pretty convinced that you can embed the VTO just like any other camera into Blue Iris. I capture movements arround my door with synologies videostation, which should be pretty similar to Blue Iris.

gator123

n3wb
Reaction score
When you wrote previously that "The official VTO2000-F cannot be integrated anymore", what do you mean? Is there no possibility of using that module with the main outdoor video intercom component (VTO2000A-C)? Does using the standalone fingerprint module Dahua ASR1102A work without a problem?

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No, it's a matter of the situation at my house' door: There is simply no space for the VTO2000-F. A slim ASR1102A would fit. But there is not a lot a info on ASR1102A arround.