Dahua VTO4202F questions.

pettros

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

This is my first post and I have a few questions so if you can help me, it will be much appreciated.
(I did a quick search in older posts)

In our 5-apartment family building I have installed the DHI-VTO4202F using the VTH5222CH-S1 Indoor Monitor in each apartment.
I own Samsung Galaxy S22 ultra smartphone and I am using the DMSS application.

1. I need to get notifications to my phone for 2 separate apartments (Home and Office) each one has its own VTH monitor.
When I am trying to add the second VTH I am getting the error message "Device already exists. Please add other devices".

Is something I can do to add the second VTH so I can use only one application?

The only solution I have found is to use also gDMSS plus application where I can add the second apartment.

1. When someone call, I only get a message type notification on my phone and not a call. This happens in both applications. When I press on the notification then the application starts ringing and I can talk and unlock the door.
In my previous galaxy Note 10 phone, after a call on the VTO, the application only sometimes was opened and I could get directly the ring notification. But not always. I suppose this is how it should be functioning.

On my latest phone I never got a direct call but only notifications that I can easily ignore.

During the installation of both applications (DMSS and gDMSS plus), I have given all the permissions asked, enabled all the notifications and also allowed unrestricted usage of the battery in the background.

1. The video doorbell has also a numeric key pad so the door can be unlocked with a code and also finger scanner. When some one of the residents is using the key pad or the finger sensor to unlock, I am getting a “Duress Password Alarm notification” which I don’t want. Can I disable it and what is the process?
  1. Every Tuesday 2.00 am I am receiving a “Tamper Alarm” notification with no reason. Why this is happening? Should I disable also disable it and how?

rG-tom

n3wb
Reaction score
Any resolution on the not ringing part? I am experiencing exactly the same and can't find a solution.

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Any resolution on the not ringing part? I am experiencing exactly the same and can't find a solution.
you are talking about dmss notification is not ringing ?

This function is only available on iOS devices.

Hikvision has this, but the notifications stop working after a while. Always problems.

Its only working good on ios with dahua and also hikvision. This problem also exist with doorbird.

rG-tom

n3wb
Reaction score
you are talking about dmss notification is not ringing ?

This function is only available on iOS devices.

Hikvision has this, but the notifications stop working after a while. Always problems.

Its only working good on ios with dahua and also hikvision. This problem also exist with doorbird.

Yes DMSS not ringing.

When are they fixing it? It isn't clearly advertised that it doesn't work, and I believe it does on some devices just not flagship samsung ones....

That's a pretty major issue, and it's not a limitation of Samsung as things like whatsapp and Ring can happily ring a Samsung phone.

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It looks like they are unable to handle this.

Hikvision updates their app alot and they were never able to fix the problem with intercom devices on android

there are some modding workarounds with third party sip apps like linphone