Dahua Wizsense NVR - Options

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been asked to spec up a CCTV security system for a commercial premises. Initially 7 cameras with expansion likely. I therefore am looking at 16CH NVRs. The client also wants floodlights controlled either through PIRs or via triggers from the NVR. Previous experience with Dahua IP cams hasn't been good with IVS triggers being actioned by shadows, leaves etc. I'm wondering if the new Wizsense series of NVRs and cams are more reliable with regards false triggers?

Also would it be reliable enough to use the cams to trigger lights rather than using PIR triggering? It would save on costs as I could dispense with PIRs and just use the cams via NVR for triggering.

Any thoughts on these new AI systems?

Ipcamncvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I’m also wanting to know what people think about the wizsense as well.

From what I get is that it has to be. Apparently the wizsense cameras have an ai chip and extra ram depending on the models as I have come to find after comparing specs of multiple cameras.

I hope someone will have some information.

Btw are there any like dahua us dealer or support reps in this forum?

Ipcamncvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Great, very detailed information on the features.

The playback hunting for events, usually is when there was an issue reported that needs investigating for is very time consuming. These features save time

Reaction score
For the cams can check IPC-T5442T-ZE, IPC-T5442TM-AS

NVR use this one, NVR4216-16P-I can support 8 channels Face recognition.

You also can visit our shop link in USA, we sell dahua OEM.

According to the datasheet, it says the NVR supports 2 channel video stream face recognition / 8 channel picture stream face recognition ( with FD camera). What exactly does that mean? What's the difference between video streaming and picture streaming? Is this the number of camera that doesn't support face recognition and have to rely on the NVR to process the face recognition, if I have a face recognition capable camera, plus 2 non-face recognition cameras, is that mean I can have 3 channels video streaming?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
2 channel video stream face recognition , No matter what kind of ip camera you are using, it can make 2 channels into FR.
8 channel picture stream face recognition ( with FD camera ) The NVR can make 8 FD cams into FR cams.

Reaction score
2 channel video stream face recognition , No matter what kind of ip camera you are using, it can make 2 channels into FR.
8 channel picture stream face recognition ( with FD camera ) The NVR can make 8 FD cams into FR cams.
So if I have 2 face recognition cameras plus 8 face detection cameras, will I get 10 face recognition camera out of the NVR or will I get maximum 8 face recognition?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
that is right, but 2 face recognition cams i think will cost 500usd+ for each, then better buy a 16CH NVR5216-16P-I

Reaction score
that is right, but 2 face recognition cams i think will cost 500usd+ for each, then better buy a 16CH NVR5216-16P-I
Currently I have a couple of DaHua IPC-HFW1431S cameras, if I buy NVR4208-8P-I NVR, will I be able to use any AI feature of the NVR, eg, the face recognition, SMD, perimeter protection or do I have to replace them with AI cameras?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
1431s is too lite, better use some newer cams 4.0 ones.
This NVR also end of life now, no chips because of US Ban.