Dahua XVR Onvif events

Il_Pres

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dear All,
I own a Dahua XVR7208A-4K-I2 to which I've connected 4 Reolink E1Pro cameras through ONVIF. Video stream is working perfectly, but unfortunetaly the Motion Detection events triggered by the cameras is not received by the XVR. I've tried to get in touch with the Dahua support, but they have a really strict policy and are not offering help to anyone that bought their product through a reseller (Never buy a Dahua product in the future). Anyways, I've monitored the Onvif output of the cameras and MD events are indeed fired. The same cameras connected via OnVif to Blue Iris are correctly triggering MD events. It seems that the Dahua is not capable of reading the events fired by the cameras (Onvif 2.1 certified). Is there any possibility to configure the XVR in order to read the OnVif event?

On the other hand, I've connected the other 5 analouge cameras from the XVR to Blue Iris through OnVif protocol and the XVR is indeed managing Onvif triggered events...

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi @Il_Pres, nothing new on Dahua support: that's their company's policy, and everybody knows that beforehand. Nothing to do about that. Secondly, it is also a known issue (with all vendors btw!) that you better stick to one brand. Dahua is best placed to handle Dahua cams. Hikvision NVR with Hikvision cams. Everybody nows that beforehand. Now, there might be a slim chance that in your XVR camera setup, you might find a "reolink" connection setup instead of the generic ONVIF (which I suppose you picked, reading your story). Those specific connection protocols might include the Motion Detection events.

Il_Pres

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for coming back ! I accept your notes on the "general" knowldge about support and compatibility... Eventhoug sometimes it's hard to find those information on the offical websites. I've found this precious forum only after the unwary purchase.

What do you mean by finding a connection setup? Just using a private network connection and a dedicated port and hope that it works or there are some config files that I can import in the XVR? Anyways, the Onvif protocol should be standard across different brands, so Dahua seems not being fully compliant. Reolink does.
Thank you , I appreciate any help here.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi @Il_Pres: off course Mercedes Benz is never going to claim to use motor oil from BMW (or inverse) :D

Have a look at this screenshot:

Under manufacturer, here is noted "Private" (which means private protocol hence Dahua-internal). I suspect you have selected ONVIF there. Have a look in that list, which may hold other profiles too. Be aware that the ONVIF standard is quite standard, but these MD/IVS things are extensions which may not be that standard between brands.

Il_Pres

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I've got only 5 brads in that list (Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, Axis and Arecont)... No Reolink! Thanks anyways... Don't know if that is the full list usually...