Dahua

SSavic

n3wb
Reaction score
Greeting,
I need help with the HAC-HFW1500D camera. The problem is that I switched the camera to another mode, I don't know exactly which one. The recorder can no longer return it to the appropriate mode, that is, it just tells me that the camera standard is invalid, I need instructions on how to restore it to factory settings. It doesn't have a classic restart button, two connectors need to be connected on the board, but I don't know which one, if anyone can explain to me exactly what to do.
Sincerely,
Siniša

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to IPCT ! :wave:

It doesn't have a classic restart button, two connectors need to be connected on the board, but I don't know which one, if anyone can explain to me exactly what to do.
According to the info you provided, it;s an HDCVI (analog) camera and the manual says there's two dip switches at the end of a connector to set the mode to CVI, CVBS, AHD or TVI.
Does your camera have such a switch setup as pictured below?
And what is the model of your NVR/DVR so we can ascertain what it wants to "see" from the camera?

HAC-HFW-1500D_dipswitches.jpg

EDIT: Also, a link to the Users Manual ==>> here.

Last edited:

SSavic

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, that's exactly what HDCVI is, and that's exactly what you wrote.
I'm the only one who can't find the switch, the only thing on the cable is three small holes but I don't know if they have any function, I'll send the pictures in the attachment.
The recorder is a Dahua XVR1B08.
The camera was working on this recorder, I changed the mode with the recorder and now I can't access the camera settings with the recorder.

Attachments

SSavic

n3wb
Reaction score
In this part I changed the mode but I can no longer access that camera until this setting because they don't have communication...

1662380625785.png

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You should be able to access that menu by selecting PTZ menu for that camera then click the iris + symbol and use PTZ cursors to select what you need to change.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In this part I changed the mode but I can no longer access that camera until this setting because they don't have communication...

View attachment 139059
I know little about the newer analog cams but I would think that the cam is always outputting a video signal and you could access the NVR's menu and change which type the NVR is set for so that if you eventually get the correct one that coincides with the cam's output an image would appear. From there not sure how you'd change the cam's output mode since you don't have the dip switch pigtail as shown in the manual.

@bigredfish , any thoughts?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Per the camera specs:

* In order to use the 5MP 16:9 HDCVI camera, the firmware of XVR must be upgraded to V4.001.0000001.0.R.200908 or later version.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
And that camera has no “smart light” turn that off. Go to “advanced” to adjust the IR lights.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is the PTZ control on Cam1
I clicked on the Iris button ( Lit up with a blue color)
and got the camera to display the Main menu.
Can you get back to that menu?
1662384979556.png

SSavic

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is the PTZ control on Cam1
I clicked on the Iris button ( Lit up with a blue color)
and got the camera to display the Main menu.
Can you get back to that menu?
View attachment 139064
Yes, I was able to access the PTZ controls until I changed the mode. My recorder no longer has a connection with the camera, I can access the other cameras that I haven't changed the mode, but when I connect that camera to any channel, I simply can't access it through the software. I'll try with another recorder since I can't find a way to physically restart it.

winstonn33

n3wb
Reaction score
I also have the same problem with a new dahua camera model: Starlight HACHFW1500TL-A-0360B-S2, 5 MP I tried everything possible to no avail. if you put it in cvbs mode, the camera menu no longer has a connection with the dvr. now I'm waiting for a utc 820 remote control with the hope that I'll be able to modify it... although I understood that it doesn't really work for camera over 2 mp.
if I don't succeed in changing its mode of operation, all that remains is to send it to the service

si eu am aceeasi problema cu o camera noua dahua model: Starlight HACHFW1500TL-A-0360B-S2, 5 MP
am incercat tot ce se poate fara rezultat. daca ai trecut-o in modul cvbs meniul camerei nu mai are conexiune cu dvr-ul.
acum astept o telecomanda utc 820 cu speranta ca voi reusi sa o modific...cu toate ca am inteles ca, la camerele de peste 2mp nu prea functioneaza.
daca nu voi reusi sa ii schimb modul de functionare nu mai ramane decat sa o trimit la service