DATE & TIME SETTINGS ALWAYS RESETS AFTER POWER SHUTDOWN

coffeetalk

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a way to fix the Date & Time even after a power shutdown? I'm having a hard time since every time there is a power shutdown, I have to go on site & change the Date & Time to current because it always resets to 2004. I can't view recorded videos t

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most IP cams are configured to get their time and date from the NVR; if the NVR's date/time is wrong, then theirs will be too.
  1. I'd first power down the NVR, unplug it from power, open the case, remove the lithium coin cell and if you have no way to properly test it (with proper load), then replace it with a new one of the correct type.
  2. Put the cover back on, plug it in and power it up, log in to the NVR's settings and put in the correct time and date (set to a valid NTP server if it has Internet access) and after everything is working well and you have the correct time/date in the NVR, check to see if the cams get their time/date from the NVR.
  3. If they do and all is correct, either wait until the next power outage or unplug power yourself and see how it all works.

Last edited: