.dav output from camera is skipping/lagging

rayzor

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Recently purchased the 4MP IPC-HDBW4431R-AS and the quality is great.

I use Blue Iris on my computer to record 24/7 video, and to send motion alerts to my cell phone. The video here is great.

I don't want to fully rely on my server being up considering it is a 24/7 plex media server as well and has had issues in the past. For this reason I configured each camera on motion to record video and output it to FTP on a battery backed up Raspberry Pi which then uploads everything to Dropbox.

The issue I have is that no matter how I configure the video (VBR/CBR, lowered bitrate, etc..) it always outputs a .dav file that skips whole portions of time, it skips a full 5-10 seconds here and there. Here is a good example of what I mean Dropbox - 10.15.25-10.16.41[M][0@0][0]_20170119101527_20170119101641.avi you can see the issue from the timestamp where it just jumps ahead.

Here are settings for both motion detection and alerts
upload_2017-1-20_12-22-6.png

upload_2017-1-20_12-21-50.png

Does the 'Pack Duration' mean that every motion event within that time period gets logged into the same video stream and what I am seeing are all of the separate motion events within that 8 minute period? It almost seems that once the motion event occurs, it does the 5 seconds pre-event record, but only logs maybe 1-2 seconds of the motion event itself. I would prefer for it to log 10 seconds after the motion, but I can't see how to do that.

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your anti-dither should be 10s if you want to record 10s after that.. make sure your video codec settings are the same for motion detection.

what kinda FPS bitrate are you running, might be too much to for FTP Storage

rayzor

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, the way they explain it makes it sound like you won't get another event for X amount of time!

Like I said, I have tried all combinations, even down to 4096 VBR and it hasn't fixed this. I am guessing that really between setting the pack duration to 1 and the anti-dither to 10 it is going to help. From what I can tell it looks like it is just multiple events in the same file and it skips between the events, but I will have to play around with it and see.

As for the FTP it is 100 mbit. I have monitored the traffic and it isn't even coming close to 10 mbit/sec. But who knows??!

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
raspberry pi is shit
FTP is shit
try to set up NFS somewhere and see if it still happens