DCS Alexor

Lonster

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a DSC Alexor alarm system. I have two motion sensors (WS4904P) in my garage that are mounted 7' from the floor and tilted down slightly, and they don't seem to work. I can do jumping jacks around the garage and neither one will set the alarm off. They are configured properly as far as I can tell. The light on the front of them turn on from time to time and the main panel/keyboard alerts me when the batteries need replaced. What could be wrong?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a DSC Alexor alarm system. I have two motion sensors (WS4904P) in my garage that are mounted 7' from the floor and tilted down slightly, and they don't seem to work. I can do jumping jacks around the garage and neither one will set the alarm off. They are configured properly as far as I can tell. The light on the front of them turn on from time to time and the main panel/keyboard alerts me when the batteries need replaced. What could be wrong?
Jumping jacks may not set off a pir depending on where you are. The detector has a number of zones defined by the feznel lens, it triggers when something goes from one zone to the next.

The light inside should only be on short term if it's in walk test mode on a wireless sensor to avoid draining the batteries. Wireless motion sensors only send about one event every 5 minuets to save battery. Could these motions have been put in a different partition?

Does the panel show the status of the motion detectors when they sense motion, in the form of a flashing zone number? As to no alarm, the panel could be configured for cross zoning to reduce false alarms.

What I would probably do as a test is to set those motion sensors as chime zones with a unique sound.

Also if your garage is between 90-100 degrees it may not detect motion from a human at all

Last edited by a moderator: