Dead camera?

sandbagger

n3wb
Reaction score
have a bunch of older cameras on a NVR5216-16P-4KS2
been having very random drops and recoveries on one camera and if I move that camera to a different channel on the NVR it moves
some times it goes for days or even weeks without a drop, some times its daily. Not heat related as it happens in winter or even summer overnight
A reboot of the NVR will recover the camera also
whole system was from 2017 and while I have updated the FW in the NVR to V4 I have never touched the cameras

Thought I might try a firmware update but cant seem to find anything, and I know some were locked anyway as I think this was an ebay camera, NVR was from Empire
Camera is an HDW4431C-A-V2 running FW 2.426.0000.22.R-2017-03-09

Guessing a FW wont fix it anyway so what is a recommended replacement these days?
needs to have a 6mm lens
Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Many times a simple factory reset can extend the life of the camera as the firmware gets buggy after so many years of operation.

Or if you have an SD card in the camera, a failing card can make it look it look like the camera is dying.

sandbagger

n3wb
Reaction score
Pretty sure I have a card in it, will pull that out, never thought a bad SD card would cause this.
Might as well hit reset while I am in
Thanks
Many times a simple factory reset can extend the life of the camera as the firmware gets buggy after so many years of operation.

Or if you have an SD card in the camera, a failing card can make it look it look like the camera is dying.

sandbagger

n3wb
Reaction score
got the ladder out, yesterday, took camera apart, no SD slot or card so that isnt the problem.
figured it wouldnt hurt to unplug and clean/reconnect all the internal connectors while I was at it.
didnt fix it as camera went out last night for a few hours then came back on its own.

So what is the go to 4K or higher camera? I do have a lot of ambient light so maybe a starlight?

MTL4

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So what is the go to 4K or higher camera? I do have a lot of ambient light so maybe a starlight?
The gold standard seems to still be the 5442 S3, I have a bunch of these and they work fantastic. Also have great AI but just getting started playing around with it.