Deepstack and specific alert/push notifications

serenadexe

n3wb
Reaction score
I have just recently upgraded to Blue Iris 5, for the purpose of using Deepstack and getting rid of all the false positive alerts I'd always get with light changes and all that.

I have a basic setup currently, deepstack is running and seems to be working properly. It's giving me good notifications when it spots a car / person etc..

But now, I'd like to have it only notify my wife's phone when there's a person at the Doorbell and nothing else.

For me, I'll take all camera alerts in general (car / person or whatever). Is there a way to do this?

I thought I was able to do it with the phone tagging, but my wife is still getting all the alerts for all cameras. See below, I tagged her phone with db and mine with all. The rest of the cameras have only all as the required mobile tag.

1648652098298.png

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Are you using the semicolon delimiter?
The screenshot looks like you are using a comma, but perhaps obscured by your hand-drawn red box.

excerpt from the help pdf…
1648738867808.png

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Also confirm that your wife’s device has the tag entered in this ‘Mobile devices’ tab dialog…

1648739261260.png

serenadexe

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you using the semicolon delimiter?
The screenshot looks like you are using a comma, but perhaps obscured by your hand-drawn red box.

excerpt from the help pdf…
View attachment 123899

I have her phone tagged as db and only the doorbell has it tagged. I'll change it to semicolon - but it still wouldn't make sense why she'd be getting the other alerts though right? Cause they only have my 'all' tag.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
but it still wouldn't make sense why she'd be getting the other alerts though right? Cause they only have my 'all' tag.
Not sure. You would have to email support for a definitive answer.

Perhaps Blue Iris ignores the entry in the 'Required mobile device tags' field when no device has the specified tag(s)... in your case, the single 'all,db' tag.