Deepstack Improving (Custom) Models?

Dowd

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using Blue Iris 5 + Deepstack and I think I have it to the point where I am perfectly happy with the system and it works great! One of the issues I am trying to solve is that at 5-6 AM every morning our business has a daily trash pickup. A garbage truck comes down the road and is detected as a truck. That is completely well and good, but I dont want to get a text message or alarm while I am asleep or anyone else is asleep to wake up and look at our security system for a trash truck. I would like to see if I can id it as as trash truck and ignore it during that time period.

The main issue is that the guide on Deepstack talks about training a model, but I don't know how to go about using an existing one (I am using Mike Lud's general.pt). I dont want to reinvent the wheel so to speak and I am not sure if I train a model of trash trucks will it just overlap the model for trucks or will it override?

Last edited:

kaltertod

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Easiest way would be to capture images of the trash truck in question and train a model based on those images making your own custom model for that type of trash truck. Then you could use your model along side of Mike's