Deepstack/Motion Detection ignored after first motion?

Dowd

n3wb
Reaction score
Apologies for wording this weird, I am not sure how to explain in the title. My deepstack settings are 50% confidence and 15 real time images at 1 sec each.

I have a camera on the back of our building, a car was in the process of turning from the road into our building area. Motion detection detected the car turning but Deepstack couldn't id it as a car yet. Since the car was going slowly, the total motion from the headlights being detected to the turn was 15 seconds and deepstack said not to alert. The issue however is that the car circled in the back of the building area immediately after and blue iris did see motion and deepstack in the Tuning menu did ID it as a car. I never received an alert for this, it seems like it ignored the motion that occurred immediately after.

I think it would be best if deepstack reviewed the whole motion clip, not just the first 15 seconds. Is there a way to resolve this?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Simple fix LOL.

Under AI for the camera, add more "+ real time images" and use the "To cancel" box and add in an item you wouldn't see so that it forces it to use all of the additional images. In my case it is a giraffe LOL.

Dowd

n3wb
Reaction score
Simple fix LOL.

Under AI for the camera, add more "+ real time images" and use the "To cancel" box and add in an item you wouldn't see so that it forces it to use all of the additional images. In my case it is a giraffe LOL.
"To cancel" objects make it use more than the amount of real time images?

I should have also mentioned, this might be motion alert related rather than deepstack, there was no alert posted, cancelled or otherwise for the car circling the back lot. I watched the clip and I see it light up, but there was nothing actually on the side for cancelled alerts. Could this be related to the break time settings?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The to cancel box forces it to run every image. Without it, it will do as you are seeing.

For the alerts to the alert thumbnails, make sure you have it showing canceled alerts as well. By default it will only show confirmed alerts, which in this case it was a nothing found so it canceled the alert.