DeepStack setup guide?

dsabot

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the basic of Deepstack installed on our sytem, and it works pretty well. I see a lot of posts covering things like custom models, and night-models, etc. Is there a walkthrough or wiki or video on how to set that up? I can't seem to find a definitive guide.

flyingwolf

n3wb
Reaction score
This youtuber has a pretty good walkthrough, it is not a detailed walkthrough, but it is a pretty good overview.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
All you need to do is create a directory for the models you want to use under the DeepStack directory on C:\DeepStack. Just place the model files in that directory. In Blue Iris on the AI config tab, make the entry for that directory in the "custom models" slot on the AI config tab.

In the cameras you want to use the models with you need to tell them what models to use. This is under "Trigger" > "Artificial Intelligence". There is a slot for that. You can include whatever objects you want to detect as well. You can also select not to use the default model. That is accomplished by entering "objects:0".

Be aware that DeepStack is case sensitive and every entry has to be made in the same letter cases that each model may use. Some model may start an object with a capital letter, but some do not. Models are separated by commas with NO SPACES in the custom models slot.

This example is a little messed up because I haven't deleted the objects from the stock model, "objects", but does illustrate the upper and lower case use and the comma separations.

DS example.JPG

flyingwolf

n3wb
Reaction score
The chain of command is as follows. This is a 30k foot overview but should get you started, if you run into issues or need clarification, feel free to ask.
BI = BluefIris. DS = Deep Stack.

1. BI Senses movement based on your rules > BI is Triggered > DS is informed of the trigger and begins processing the images based on your criteria.
  2. DS gives a go/no-go response.
    1. If DS returns No-Go, the trigger is ignored, and no file is recorded.
      1. Return to 'wait for' state and next movement sensed.
    2. If DS returns Go, the trigger is continued.
      1. Move to step 3.
  3. Alerts are notified of a successful trigger and confirmation by DS.
  4. Alerts are run as per Alerts > On Alert > Action Set.
  5. The system resets and awaits the next triggering event.
All of this happens in just a second or so. From here you can tweak and adjust to meet your needs, percentages of confidence, types of things you are searching for, etc.

Last edited: