Delurking

Mark

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I've been following this board off and on for a while.

I started with a Dahua IP camera and customized it for my purposes. Then I made the mistake of getting some white labeled generic imports. They left a lot to be desired (if anyone wants some ESC brand eyeball cameras- one fixed, one varifocal- they're free to a good home, one's painted beige to match my house, I think the varifocal is still white).

I ended up with a combination of HIKVision cubes, mini domes, and the Costco bullets. That plus Milestone and I've been happy for a couple of years. Now I'm looking to expand a bit- mostly better coverage of the driveway, so I'm looking at the WDR HIKVision cameras. I'll be around picking people's brains if I can't find things already covered, maybe see if I can source parts from milkisbad.

Mostly I go for discreet placement of cameras and I'm willing to take them apart and repackage things if necessary. I took a cube camera and converted it from M12 to CS mount (that took a lot of cutting of the plastic case), so if I run I to any posts about teardowns, I'll certainly do what I can to add to the conversation. Otherwise feel free to PM or tag me.