'Detecting' or 'user name password' error on reconnecting cameras

Leyton01

n3wb
Reaction score
I have recently dusted off a DS-7608NI-I2/8P which was in storage for a year. I upgraded the firmware from 4.1.50 to 4.61.010.
I reconnected 7 x DS-2CD2385FWD (with firmware 5.5.82) cameras to it which had been working fine when it was put into storage. All cameras are connected directly to the NVR.
4 of the cameras worked straight away but 3 showed a "Offline (user name or password error)".
I hard reset one of the cameras and reconnected - it then showed "Offline (Detecting...)" and would just sit there. I hooked the reset camera to POE and SADP showed it as "Inactive" - which is correct after the reset. When "Inactive" and connected to the NVR it was just stuck on "detecting". I activated it using the current password of the NVR, and when reconnected it showed the "user name and password" error. I hooked it back up to switch and upgraded the firmware to 5.6.6. Left it as "Inactive" and connected back to NVR - remained as "Offline (Detecting). I activated using the password from the NVR and it went back to "User name or password error".

Not sure where to go from here - I have reset this camera a few times. I have tried manual settings and it shows "network abnormal". I am able to access the camera directly when hooked to the switch but I cannot get it connected to the NVR directly. Any suggestions?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe you can use it from the switch as one of the remotely detected cams in the nvr menu

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
so like on this NVR i can seek out devices and see what the NVR can locate....for example, i just added an externally addressed dahua 5231 @ 192.168.0.108 to the NVR stream.