DH-PFA151 (Corner Mount Bracket) + DH-PFB305W (Wall Mount Bracket) + DH-PFA120 vs DH-PFA126

Reaction score
I have a new PTZ camera installation coming up using the DH-PFA151 corner mount bracket.
PTZ Camera: SD6C3425GB-HNR-A-PV1 [Net Weight: 4.6kg]

This camera comes with the DH-PFB305W Wall Mount Bracket. [Load Bearing: 5.0kg -- Net Weight: 0.87kg]

My plan is to purchase the DH-PFA120 Water-proof Junction Box, which is a perfect fit for the DH-PFB305W Wall Mount Bracket.
[Load Bearing: 7.0kg -- Net Weight: 0.53kg]

I have used the DH-PFA120 Water-proof Junction Box with the same camera mounted directly onto brickworks.

This time I would like to use the DH-PFA151 Corner Mount Bracket which will be mounted onto the corner brickworks first. [Load Bearing: 10.0kg -- Net Weight: 1.7kg]

TL;DR: Corner Brickworks |> DH-PFA151 |> DH-PFA120 |> DH-PFB305W |> SD6C3425GB-HNR-A-PV1

I have double checked the load bearings and the weights. It should all work.
The only problem I am running into is how to seal / water-proof the knockout at the rear of the DH-PFA120 junction box and the DH-PFA151 bracket.

Could someone please recommend the Dahua gland accessory / reducer that I could screw into the back of DH-PFA120 & DH-PFA151?
The nominal diameter of this knockout for DH-PFA151 is 35.0mm.

Alternatively, what would be the best way to seal / waterproof this knock out completely?
With this approach, I could just use one of the M20 inch thread ports on the bottom or right of the DH-PFA120 unit for passing the PoE+ ethernet cable and audio cables.

The other solution is to use the Dahua recommended junction box for this camera -- DH-PFA126. [Load Bearing: 8.0kg -- Net Weight: 1.56kg]
There is no knockout at the back of this junction box. Sadly, I have to wait > 3 weeks before my local supplier can ship this item.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The specs for the PFA-120 you linked state that the hole diameter at the back is 50mm. I'd consider a closed rubber grommet for the hole, sealed in-place with non-gassing silicone sealant. You can also apply the sealant to the CAT cable after drilling a small hole in the solid part of the grommet.

I'm a a big fan of duct seal but a 50mm / 2" knock-out hole is a pretty big hole.

Be sure to use dielectric grease and to waterproof the CAT cable to pigtail connection as here after testing. :cool:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Thank you so much for all the links, especially the rubber grommets. Definitely ordering these.

I'm a a big fan of duct seal but a 50mm / 2" knock-out hole is a pretty big hole.
What you have stated above is the correct nominal diameter for the DH-PFA120 unit.
However, once it is screwed tight onto the DH-PFA151 Corner Mount Bracket the knockout is then reduced to a nominal diameter of 35.0mm.

Many thanks for the tips.

Reaction score
Be sure to use dielectric grease and to waterproof the CAT cable to pigtail connection as here after testing. :cool:
In Australia, Home Depot is known as Bunnings Warehouse. They used to stock the CRC dielectric grease, but no more.
So, I have turned to Amazon and eBay.

I found this one:
Before I place an order for 2 units, could you please tell me if the above will be good enough to get the job done, @TonyR ?

What would be really helpful is if you had a photo of the application area for the CAT cable connection.
I wanted to pass this onto my cabler as he thinks this is overkill.

I know you have adequately described where to apply the dielectric grease within the thread linked above, but a picture tells a thousand words. :thumb:

Yes, you are. ;)

The closest thing to duct seal I found "down under" (Australia) is this: Bostik Sealant 250g Plumbers Putty.
I probably won't need it for this project, but always good to have this one handy.

Last edited: