DH-SD3E405DB-GNY-A-PV1 - Warm light illumination conundrum

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 on browser issue. Try Internet Explorer- yeah we know lol but it is still available.

war4peace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Huh, interesting, let me check that. Using mainly Chrome, but I have a plethora of browsers installed.
It's asking me to install a plugin for live view, downloaded from camera, afterwards I got image.
Still no "Day / Night switch" radio button.
I went through most of the pages, they look exactly the same as in Chrome. not sure about settings being properly saved, I guess we'll see :)

MYKMACSJ

n3wb
Reaction score
I know where the settings are, what I am wary of is actually saving those settings. It looks like my camera UI doesn't properly apply/save settings.
That's the reason for creating this topic in the first place :)

Later edit: I don't even have the "Day / Night switch" radio button in my camera UI.
These cameras use "AI" I bet some of the configs won't work the same because your camera is not connected to the internet.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
These cameras use "AI" I bet some of the configs won't work the same because your camera is not connected to the internet.
Most of us here don't have our cameras connected to the internet and all the functions work just fine.

Now if it is a cloud-based camera like a Ring, then yeah without internet it won't work, but this camera isn't dependent on the internet.

It has been proven here time and again that certain Dahua and Hikvision cameras do not show all the functions or the save doesn't work right unless the correct browser is used. Him using Chrome would be part of the problem. Especially the Dahua PTZs as an example.

war4peace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It has been proven here time and again that certain Dahua and Hikvision cameras do not show all the functions or the save doesn't work right unless the correct browser is used. Him using Chrome would be part of the problem. Especially the Dahua PTZs as an example.

I did use IE as well, see above, the UI did not change one bit in the areas I was interested in.
PTZ functions via browser are completely irrelevant to me, because I am not using the browser to use and control the camera, and the AI functions work fine (simple stuff, just a couple ROI for soft tracking). Camera usage is all done via ONVIF and Blue Iris with CodeProject.AI, basically automated. Blue Iris control works very well (PTZ, motion detection, identification, alerts). Furthermore, this is the only Dahua camera with strange behavior when saving settings. I own 3x Dahua and 1x Hikvision cameras, but this one is indeed the only Dahua PTZ (the other one is Hikvision, never had a problem with it).

MYKMACSJ

n3wb
Reaction score
@war4peace My PTZ came in. My ptz spotlights turn on and off when it gets dark. If my electrical floodlight turns on the PTZ spotlights turn off.

My camera Dahua SDT4E425-4F-GB-A-PV1 4MP+4MP 25x PTZ

Screenshot 2024-04-18 213703.png

war4peace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had solved it somehow, no idea how, though. Now it works properly.
My guess is it needed a reboot for some reason.