DH-SD49225XA-HNR Auto tracking

ADERE

n3wb
Reaction score
Good evening

I recently purchased a DH-SD49225XA-HNR under the assumption it has the auto tracking feature, only to be told by supplier it does not. Have seen that this camera may have been able to auto track at some point and software may have been removed ?? Anyone know if it is possible to get this feature back with an older software update ??

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep Dahua removed it years ago and lots of threads here about it.

What did you pay for it and can you return it?

@EMPIRETECANDY is the only one that still has it available with autotrack. I bet he sells it cheaper than you paid and his version has autotrack! $370USD

They changed the chipset in the past year, so chances are you would brick it if you tried to update it with the older firmware. If the camera is older than a year, you might be able to, but it is certainly proceed at your own risk.

Return it if you can and buy from a trusted vendor here.

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Man you are fast @wittaj!
I was typing a reply saying basically the same thing and you beat me to it!
I just put one up this weekend and can verify autotrack works on the ones purchased from Andy.
The camera is available for $370 on @EMPIRETECANDY 's AliExpress page.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is Andy's link to AliExpress store.

And the post to his big Spring sale next week:

ADERE

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep Dahua removed it years ago and lots of threads here about it.

What did you pay for it and can you return it?

@EMPIRETECANDY is the only one that still has it available with autotrack. I bet he sells it cheaper than you paid! $370USD

They changed the chipset in the past year, so chances are you would brick it if you tried to update it with the older firmware. If the camera is older than a year, you might be able to, but it is certainly proceed at your own risk.

Return it if you can and buy from a trusted vendor here.

Been installed about three months been putting it off as promised auto track but ordered the wrong one, paid about £300GBP I see a few threads about it,I will have to take the hit on that one. Cheers for your help

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That's a bummer. I guess you could always try and hope it doesn't brick it.

It is amazing how many vendors sell the 49225 WITHOUT autotracking for more expensive than Andy sells it WITH autotracking.

IIRC it has been over 2 years that nobody else but Andy has been selling the autotrack version.

But alas Andy said in another thread he only has stock left for maybe another month or so and then the sub$400 autotrack PTZ will be a thing of the past and future autotracking will be over $750.

ADERE

n3wb
Reaction score
That's a bummer. I guess you could always try and hope it doesn't brick it.

It is amazing how many vendors sell the 49225 WITHOUT autotracking for more expensive than Andy sells it WITH autotracking.

IIRC it has been over 2 years that nobody else but Andy has been selling the autotrack version.

But alas Andy said in another thread he only has stock left for maybe another month or so and then the sub$400 autotrack PTZ will be a thing of the past and future autotracking will be over $750.
New to the site, Andy sounds like the MAN !! Does he ship to the uk ??

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
He absolutely ships to the UK. Many members here are from the UK and purchase from Andy.

The 5xxx and above series has auto tracking.

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I do not see auto tracking on it. I only have face detection, deep IVS, video metadata.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There is not a box called auto tracking.

Here is how you can determine if you have the autotracking version.

First use Internet Explorer as this camera more than most will not hold or show all settings in other browsers.

You need to set up a preset.

Then you need to set-up the Smart Plan with Deep IVS for the presets you want to track.

Then go to Deep IVS Rules Config page and you should see Track Time under alarm and Tracking Target size slider. If your screen doesn't show this, then you have a version without autotrack.

When setting up IVS rules, I strongly recommend you use intrusion box with appears and crosses instead of tripwire. And less is more. One IVS rule.

1611927915169.png

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There is not a box called auto tracking.

Here is how you can determine if you have the autotracking version.

First use Internet Explorer as this camera more than most will not hold or show all settings in other browsers.

You need to set up a preset.

Then you need to set-up the Smart Plan with Deep IVS for the presets you want to track.

Then go to Deep IVS Rules Config page and you should see Track Time under alarm and Tracking Target size slider. If your screen doesn't show this, then you have a version without autotrack.

When setting up IVS rules, I strongly recommend you use intrusion box with appears and crosses instead of tripwire. And less is more. One IVS rule.

1611927915169.png
Yes I have track time. Should the tracking size be high or low number?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The higher the number, the bigger the object will be on the screen, but the easier it can lose tracking as every movement is exaggerated.

The smaller the number, the smaller the object will be on the screen, but the easier it is for the camera to maintain tracking.

The number itself depends on the initial field of view.

35 is a good number to start at then go up or down and test it until you find that sweet spot that gets you the biggest image of the object possible and maintains tracking.

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The higher the number, the bigger the object will be on the screen, but the easier it can lose tracking as every movement is exaggerated.

The smaller the number, the smaller the object will be on the screen, but the easier it is for the camera to maintain tracking.

The number itself depends on the initial field of view.

35 is a good number to start at then go up or down and test it until you find that sweet spot that gets you the biggest image of the object possible and maintains tracking.
Thanks, I will try that and I can not get it to change the 15-300 sec. track it keeps staying on 15 know matter what I set it on..

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, I will try that and I can not get it to change the 15-300 sec. track it keeps staying on 15 know matter what I set it on..
That is because these PTZs are sensitive to the browser and this is the one item that will only stick in Explorer.

It has to be Internet Explorer - not Edge, not Chrome with the IE tab, but plain ole Explorer baked into Win10.