DHI-NVR4108HS8P-EI 8CH Compact 1U 8PoE 1HDD - Max HDD Size?

Reaction score
What is the Max HDD Size and can we use the latest power saving WD HDD? Such as WD64PURZ WD63PURZ appears to be similar. Also noticed there is a 12TB PURZ. How big can use and does the model of purple drive matter?
Does Dahua allow basically no limit? Or do certain series have certain limits? Or Maybe all models have unlimited sizes but DVR only support certain Model Familys? How is support for HDD structured?

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I should know, I don’t! But I have put about every model/manufacturer of drive up to 16tb and never had any problems no matter what model of dahua nvr or dvr.

Reaction score
Best I could find was reference for WD 40 series Purpz support- from WIKI. But obviously thats an old model. Also found a support document which had around 5 manufactures on it and the current drives supported. BUT someone obviously at the company thought that was worthless information and now there just really isnt any current new reference for drives. Prob because of intellectual property rip offs there is a lack of collaboration and may be innovation.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Like I said I’ve thrown anything and everything into a lot of Dahua’s dvr/xvrs and nvrs since flir and digimerge became dahua and not even purples or nas rated ones. RPM and cache is all I’ve ever looked at. Percentage wise of failure vs the warranty/profit ratios is why I have stayed loyal this long.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I’d like to just throw a 20tb in one and see if it works.

Gdc

n3wb
Reaction score
Spec sheet says 16TB NVR4108HS-8P-EI - Dahua International

From memory, the EXT3 file system on Linux couldn't address more than 16TB, so maybe thats why that limit is there. Could also just be a soft limit based on the processing power to manage the video indexing etc. Not sure. The XI series has a 20TB limit according to its spec sheet.